Kath Kidson school bags, why are they considered so cool????

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Kath Kidson school bags, why are they considered so cool????

Post by Daogroupie »

Can anyone explain to me why these flowery bags that to me look like something that my grandmother would have carried have become such a must have item for trendy gals. More than half of the girls in my dd's class are now tripping around with these bags. And trip they must because the short handles mean that they have to be held out away from the body rather than down the side. How did this happen and when did it happen? DG
Snowdrops

Re: Kath Kidson school bags, why are they considered so cool

Post by Snowdrops »

These were popular at my dd's school last year (dd has now moved on to another bag, I have a feeling it will be a new one every year :roll: ).

I think they are popular because they are like handbags, but strong enough to take their books etc. We found people making them individual with charms/keyrings etc, but dd's got holes in the bottom eventually (dragging it along the floor as they pick up/put down no doubt!).
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

What bags? Who? :oops: Sorry I dont follow fashion and have absolutely no idea what you mean. Maybe it will be different when dd is older? :wink:
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
mother night

Post by mother night »

You are so fortunate Tg. I was dragged into said shop as 'sale' was posted on the window and needless to say the desired bag was not discounted and it had better last. I still can't understand the trend for the chintzy floral designs- which is probably why I'm not a millionaire interior designer...
sgcmum

Post by sgcmum »

just checked it out.my,they are expensive.didnt know i would be expected to buy dd specific school bags.
like turtleglos i dont know/follow fashion but dd is not so oblivious.
this cath kidston person/company is sure making a lot of money.do the bags atleast last?
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Just looked at the website. I didn't know you could get so many different type of bags. eg. Cinema bags, oilcloth bags, box bags etc
la boume

Post by la boume »

What year are those bags popular? haven't seen anyone at DD's school yet(year 5). everyone still on Paperchase ones. But seen many mums who use KC bags as nappy and stuff bags.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

At my DD's school Fred Perry bags are the ones to be seen with!
youngmum

Post by youngmum »

hmmmm
bracing my self for sec school. For now all the kids at dd's school have to use the same sch bag provided by the school, so no need to worry about bags.

My dd wanted a Paul's Boutique bag and I said no problem until I got to the shop and saw the price :shock: . Not for an 11yr old. Not for my 11yr old.
colchestermum

Post by colchestermum »

My DS spent £20 (yes £20!!) on a Gola bag which is the height of fashion for 10 year olds apparantly (In my day Gola was not a brand to be seen with! lol) Half his class have them and half the boys at the comp up the road have them to. I refused to buy it for him as he had a perfectly good bag and planned to buy his a new one when he went to new school but he was adamant he wanted one. To be fair it is lasting well and it is a messenger style shape so good for books. And he takes it everywhere when not at school so probably a good buy but I think making him use his own birthday money taught him the value of it.

Dreading when DD1 is older, she already is a bit of a fahionista, it's wonderful how she puts outfits together seeing as I have never been fashionable, but at least at the moment she does not mind where the items come from or the label or anything just the look.

Although if she has her own way, she will be the next big designer and people will be talking about her bags on this forum in 20 years time!! lol
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now