Watford Consortium Admission criteria query

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

beagleboy

Watford Consortium Admission criteria query

Post by beagleboy »

Hello all,

Have read the various posts on the Watford Consortium schools but am still slightly confused in relation to some of the admission criteria.

I live in the catchment of Parmiters. (HP3 postal code). Now I can't imagine my son would get in on distance criteria as there will be many more children that live nearer. However he can apply under the academic test. Now does the catchment then affect the academic test part? I.e is the ranking done on the exam results and then the catchment applied to the results as well? (Hopefully that makes sense-apologies if not).

Does the same apply with some of the other schools in the consortium? I'm aware that WGSB would not apply as the catchment is the WD postal codes. Though I obviously wouldn't risk more than one of the partially selective schools on my preference list, especially as Herts currently give you three.

Any thoughts/opinions appreciated.

Beagleboy
WP

Re: Watford Consortium Admission criteria query

Post by WP »

Basically the catchment is where you need to be to get in via the academic and music tests. If you're in the catchment those criteria are operated purely by ranking on score. (Though Parmiter's and Rickmansworth also take a miniscule number of the highest qualified from outside their catchments.)
toony

Post by toony »

If two or more candidates get the same standardised score on the test, they then rank them in distance order.
beagleboy

Post by beagleboy »

Thank you that makes sense. Much appreciated.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now