Schools Allocations.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Russellk33

Schools Allocations.

Post by Russellk33 »

Morning all,
I dont know how you are all feeling but for me the sense of dread is increasing the closer we approach the the allocations date.

Like many of you I have opted to be notified via Email.
Having no experience of this system at all, does anyone know when we are informed of the allocations?
Is it 00:01 on the date itself or hours later in the day?

Finally, once we are informed how is the placement accepted and when do we begin to hear from the schools?
I presume that the children will be invited to tour the school once more or even get half day sessions prior to starting in September?

I apologise if this all seems a little obvious, nerves are setting in and like other parents the slightest thing is beginning to worry me!

Thanks All

Karen
Milla

Re: Schools Allocations.

Post by Milla »

midnight, apparently. But someone last year found a short cut - missed out a section of coding allowing one through earlier, at about 10pm I think. To kill time you could trawl back through the threads of a year ago - it was brought up by someone in another region, but seems to work in ours, too.
Good luck - a horrid time and so glad I'm past all that. Didn't know about it first time round and second time we were lucky enough not to go through it as DS2 got Pate's but stomach still curdling on behalf of you all. Such a tense business!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Russellk33 wrote:Like many of you I have opted to be notified via Email.
Having no experience of this system at all, does anyone know when we are informed of the allocations?
Is it 00:01 on the date itself or hours later in the day?
Supposedly 00:01. But I suspect that the mail servers get clogged, and 2 years ago the email didn't arrive until the morning. The on-line system is ready at Midnight.
Capers
capers123

Post by capers123 »

The 'access early' was buried on last years results countdown page (Page 6). Anyway, here's what was said, and no guarentees it will work this year:
checked it again just now and it was working. What you need to do is go into the online school admissions , go to view existing app, you’ll get to view the submission. Once your in that screen with Daniel’s form, clear the address field at the top of the screen, which will say something like: https://emsonline.gloucestershire.gov.u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ilsSection and replace it with the following: https://emsonline.gloucestershire.gov.u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... o_list.asp. Then press enter on the keyboard and you should see the allocation screen.
Capers
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Oh I remember it well. Thank goodness the poster was kind enough to put me out of my misery early little knowing that had DS not been pulled out of the hat I would have been in a worse state.

Can't say I will be up with you but hoping to hear lots of good tidings first thing Wednesday. Also if anyone with a score of 112 or lower gets DR can the let me know.

Special good lucks to Capers, you have been here a long time giving lots of good advice so hoping you will be rewarded in kind.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Thinking of you & all DCs tonight/tomorrow - as Glos Mum, we were there last year and will be again next (finger nails just about recovered, not sure about liver!!!!), so understand only too well the tension in some households at the mo.

And if tomorrow doesn't pan out as you'd hoped, remember there is a wealth of support & advice here, just waiting for you.

Good luck to all!
Red

Post by Red »

Good luck to you all.

Red

(I'll be here next year too :( )
Russellk33

Post by Russellk33 »

Well the wait is over with the postman delivering our post this morning.

Thankfully we have recieved our first choice HSFG! Relivement is not the word!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

This happened before, some of the girls schools sent their letters out early. CongratsRussellk33 glad to hear you got what you wanted :)