Reading & Kendrick March 2011 Allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stevew61

Reading & Kendrick March 2011 Allocations

Post by stevew61 »

Anybody else waiting?

Only fifteen hours to go until midnight!

Here are the links to 2010 and 2009 to help pass the time.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 10&t=13681" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =10&t=9242" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For us second time around it doesn’t seem as tense, my gut feeling is we are in for a near miss at Reading, I have spreadsheets and a hand drawn graph to back up my hunch, so a positive result will be a pleasant surprise.

Had a strange parents evening meeting two weeks ago the teacher/senco smiling and saying DS2 was very keen on Reading, did she know????

Good luck everyone.
Complete Novice

Re: Reading & Kendrick March 2011 Allocations

Post by Complete Novice »

Good luck Steve, second time round for us too but I can't say I'm feeling more relaxed this time.

I think we are heading for a miss too but maybe not a near one! I wish DD didn't look so hopeful. We keep trying to interest her in her back up choices but to no avail. :( I think we are going to need a lot of chocolate cake tomorrow to cheer her up!

Good luck everyone to everyone's DC

CN
mummytroubles

Post by mummytroubles »

Good luck to all. I am feeling a strange mixture of relaxed and very nervous - maybe because I'm very happy with our Plan B but DD is desperate for Kendrick beyond all reason so I want her to have the school she wants. I too think we may be in for a near miss - mainly because I fear there will be a big cluster of girls doing well from the post mortem reports I heard (everyone seemed to think it was easy/okay) and so the pass mark will be unfeasibly high for DD on NVR - she struggled to get to 90% on our practice runs. I'm also aware that having applied online I have no idea when we get our results ie is it midnight or sometime during tomorrow or by post??? DS did it all a while ago but I seem to remember the system was down that year and we found out by post despite having applied online??!! Anyone else RBWM???

MT
ks

Post by ks »

Not waiting ... unless you count the 367 (with leap year) days til next year's allocations. :lol:

However I would like to wish good luck to Stevew61, complete novice, mummy troubles
and everyone else waiting for Kendrick/Reading this year.

MT - in 2009 RBWM worked fine online. I logged in sometime in the early hours of the morning
(so I think available from midnight). It was very busy around 0700 am though when I tried to show
DD on line and had to resort to the printout I'd made earlier to show her in black and white.

However post was a nightmare ... they put the wrong postage on a proportion of the letters
(which seemed to be the out-of-borough schools) and eventually arrived second class 3 days later. :roll:

ks
Complete Novice

Thanks KS

Mummytroubles, we are also RBWM and were able to log on to our online application at midnight last year. I am hoping that it will be possible to do that this year as it would be nice to digest it before having to put a positive spin on it if it's bad news!

I had forgotten that so many found it easy this year :( DD is so careless that easy makes it worse somehow!
mummytroubles

Post by mummytroubles »

Thank you KS and CN for the info - so Ok I'm officially nervous now - I had assumed that RBWM would never be so efficient as to have the results available from midnight - DH is away at the mo so I will have to find some repeats of 'Sex and the City' on tv somewhere to take me up to midnight and beyond! Or maybe I can find a rerun of 'The Sweet smell of Success'!!!

MT

Ha ha "Gender and the City" - the forum censor has made me laugh for the first time all weekend. Of course I meant 'Six and the City"
dams

Post by dams »

Well, we will be going through similar anxious moments this time next year. I wish you all good luck and looking forward to see positive updates tomorrow.
Complete Novice

Feeling a bit tense!

DD has just come home and asked if there is any way her teacher might already know the result as she has been uncharacteristically kind and patient with DD today. I remember Steve posting a section from Reading Lea's timeline saying that primary schools were informed 24th Feb. Does anyone know whether this ony applies to schools in the Reading Lea (DD's is not) or would it send out the info to all primary schools who had a pupil who had been allocated a school in their LEA. Entering very paranoid territory now I know but having 2 children do the 11+ in consecutive years has taken me to the brink and beyond :oops:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

http://www.rbwm.gov.uk/public/ed_Admiss ... _FINAL.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11. Secondary Schools and Feeder Primary Schools will be sent lists of the initial allocations made for their information only. Under no circumstances must the information be released to any other party before an offer of a place has been made formally under the co-ordinated scheme
Does that help? No, thought not. :)

Knowing they might know just adds to the drama.
Complete Novice

Thanks Steve

Totally confused now as although we are RBWM, DD's school is in another LEA and we applied to Kendrick in a 3rd LEA! Maybe the system can't cope and DD was getting sympathetic looks because she is the only one with no allocation info at all!

Hope springs eternal! :D Definitely feeling the need for wine, is it really only 5.30??
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now