Scores?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mr Benn

Scores?

Post by Mr Benn »

Any idea when we get to know the actual scores ?

In some ways I think its better the kids dont know the actual scores - to stop any "I did better than you" type thingy. But Id like to know .

Do we also know how many children actually sat the Alcester 11+ ?

Thanks
ernestcyril

Re: Scores?

Post by ernestcyril »

I believe all the details are on the letter that arrives through the post. (According to a friend of mine who went through it all last year!) Many congratulations by the way :D
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Last year, admissions at WCC were happy to disclose this information over the telephone if you are keen to know quickly. I imagine they will be rather inundated with questions re appeals etc over the next few days though.
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Its not that urgent. I might just ring them to ensure their website is correct tho . :lol: Imagine that nightmare !
ernestcyril

Post by ernestcyril »

Yes..Our letter arrived with the post today. Fairly comprehensive list of scores and applicant numbers, so that's useful. Ok, I'm going to have to brag. She did outstandingly well!!!
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

We got our letter today too, I was surprised the qualifying score for Alcester was lower than Stratford schools as I thought it was more popular. But it led me to thinking about DS2 in a couple of years, is it worth putting both grammars down so that in the event you don't get into one you may get the second? Can you put 2 grammars down?

There's a big difference between south and east too isn't there - anyone know why? Is it just less people applying?
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

yes you can put down 2 Grammar Schools. If you dont get accepted for your fist choice, then your second choice automatically becomes your first choice instead.

eg You put your choices in order as 1 - AGS 2 _ Stratford Grammar 3- Grange Hill

If your son doesnt get into option 1 (AGS) , then your 2nd option (Stratford) automatically becomes your 1st option. So your treated the same as people who put Stratford as their 1st option.

This is different to the usual policy for non-Grammar schools, where all option1's are given priority first, and if you dont get your first, your then down the queue for your 2nd option, behind people who put that School as their first option.

Hope this makes sense.

Hope to get my letter when I get home. Are we posting actual scores on here ?
cherrypicker

KSS -v- LSS Scores?

Post by cherrypicker »

serendippyty wrote:
There's a big difference between south and east too isn't there - anyone know why? Is it just less people applying?
The qualifying mark is the LOWEST mark of a candidate that was offered a first round place.
It is not the marks all boys got or the average. It is the mark the "bottom" child got who was offered a place.

Since Lawrence Sheriff (LSS) has more places (92 + more in round 2) than KES (75 I think), clearly the lowest child score at LSS
will be lower than KES.

During the first round, we know:
The "bottom" child offered a place at KES = 335
The "bottom" child offered a place at LSS = 303
Did the top 75 boys offered a place at LSS score at least 335?
We don't know if the top scores at LSS is greater than KES.

With this information, we will know which has the "better" intake.
I suspect KES has the better intake.

I would like to know:

1. Average score of KES intake.
2. Average score of top 75 LSS intake (assuming KES has 75 places).
3. Mark of 75th person offered a place at LSS (assuming KES has 75 places).

If anyone knows, please post it.

I suspect it is easier to get into LSS than KES and KES has the "better" intake.

My son is going to LSS but his score qualified him for KES!
I would like to compare!

Regards
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Just trying to understand the waiting list scores.

One of our friends child scored the highest score possible to be put on the waiting list , but has been offered a place ? How did that work - they dont care really as their delighted , but curious to know !!
Surely nobody has had chance to turn down the schools yet ?
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

We did immediately by phone last year.