11 + scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
learningcurve

11 + scores

Post by learningcurve »

Hi all. Very happy that DD has been offered a place at her first choice grammar. (although confusing footnote on e-mail had me worried for a while ) Does anyone know if and when we get their actual score results?
ludsmuse

Re: 11 + scores

Post by ludsmuse »

Hi, learningcurve, what was the footnote please? I got an email this morning with a place offered at Plymouth High School for Girls but it said underneath
"Unfortunately it has not been possible to allocate a place at any of the schools you requested in your application form. As stated in our school allocation policy, a place has therefore been allocated at the nearest school with a vacancy."

I don't understand this. I logged in to my admissions account and accepted the place, so I presume my daughter has one though.
learningcurve

Post by learningcurve »

Same as mine. My heart sank !! I phoned the LED and the lady was very helpful. Apparentley it was a mistake sent out on all e-mails. There will be lots of confused parents this morning I think. I feel quite sorry for those answering the phones, they will have a busy day today !! I'm just relieved and happy for DD :D
ludsmuse

Post by ludsmuse »

Ah, I was the same but when I tried to phone, the line was busy as you can imagine lol, thank you for your reply and well done to your daughter too :D
undercover

Post by undercover »

Funny - I only discovered this site whilst searching for dd results last night. Will recommend it in the future. Fortunately without it just completed set of 3 at Colyton. Relief for parents. :D :D Somewhat less so for dd whose reaction was unexpectedly negative. :( Needs time to come to terms with loss of contact with friendship group. Hope it is indeed a healer.
bluechip

Post by bluechip »

hi learning curve

Yes we get their actual scores I received my daughters this morning in the post, I was suprised as I didnt think you did.

The highest possible score was 282. The 120th score for DHSG was 199 and the 120th score for PHSG was 184.

Dont fully understand the relevance of giving us the score...they got in, who cares about the score! :D
learningcurve

Post by learningcurve »

Hi bluechip,
Dd was eager to know her score , we received the letter yesterday afternoon :)
Undercover,
dd is also feeling apprehensive about losing friend group (we are moving city). I have reassured her that there will be lots of other girls there who's friends have gone to different schools .So although it may be hard at first there will be others that understand and feel the same way. xx
Congrats to all ....our little girls are growing up .......
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now