Statistics for 2011 allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

AlisonR

Statistics for 2011 allocations

Post by AlisonR »

Herts CC have already published information about the 2011 allocations at:

http://www.hertsdirect.org/scholearn/ad ... secallday/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a link to the outturn report, the summary of allocations and a list of schools with available places.

There's nothing there to help you determine what school you got but if you put Westfield, Bushey Academy or Francis Combe I think you'll have got a place at one of your choices as these all have offered places to children that didn't rank them.

Alison
singcat

Re: Statistics for 2011 allocations

Post by singcat »

Wow - AlisonR - thank you so much for that.
I have been able to work out that my daughter should have got into her 1st choice school based on the maximum distance they are showing for this year's allocations.
Also, her second choice amazingly appears to have a couple of places still available, so even if she's not got her first choice, she surely must have her second?!

Feeling a little less nervous now, but won't have confidence until it is all confirmed this evening.

Find it odd that they have published these stats before telling individual's of their own outcome!
naxa

Post by naxa »

So nobody from Herts got into HBS or Latymer this year?????? (page 47 and 48 in the report)
proudswan

Post by proudswan »

Has anyone found any info for the Watford area consortium schools?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I dont think there are many places in Herts that you can apply for Lattymer, we would have applied if we could have, but we are not in catchment. There was only one for HBS last year which did not tell me if it was us or not as it was our second choice. I guess we must have got our first choice again this year as we did not get HBS! How great that this data can give some folk some hope especially as Herts are now saying that emails will go from 6pm onwards and not 5pm like last year and that there will be no access to the website until all the emails are sent. Good luck all, wonder who will be the first to post good news? DG
Rosie42

Post by Rosie42 »

Can't believe there are still two St Albans schools with places available (Marlborough and Townsend) - must be a first! I did hear that this year was a lower birth rate so maybe that's what's happened.

Good luck to everyone - I remember this time last year being unable to concentrate on anything :)
MoJo

Post by MoJo »

I am surprised about it being a low birth rate - Aren't they all 'millenium babies?' - and all that hype?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

The predicted millennium baby boom never actually materialised. :)
MoJo

Post by MoJo »

That makes me feel better - waiting for my email from Warks....
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

The Outturn report shows the number of applications for places for each school in 2011 and last year and there isn't an awful lot of difference in the figures for most of the schools, in fact quite a number had less applications this year than last year.

Alison