Allocation Day, March 2011

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
new2me

Email arrived - woo hoo

Post by new2me »

Just got an email through offering DS a place at Parmiters. Hope everyone else gets good news too. All the best.
Charl39

Re: Email arrived - woo hoo

Post by Charl39 »

Well done, that's fabulous news :D
Charl39
loup67

Allocation Day, March 2011

Post by loup67 »

Not much on here yet with results so far?! :?

We couldn't get on to site but received an email at 5.15pm (much earlier than I expected!) with news of no 2 DD's fate!

Over the moon as she has got into Latymer to follow her sister,couldn't be prouder :D

Hope the majority have the same happy news,good luck everyone!
Yadagi

Re: Statistics for 2011 allocations

Post by Yadagi »

My DD didn't get her first choice DAO but got her second , and she is happy and so are we, especially as most of her friends are going to the same school.
Interesting though that 110 places for DAO were given to Out of County children. !!!
Does anyone know when we find out how DD did in the DAO exams.??
Last edited by Yadagi on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
2Girlsmum

Re: how did you all get on,good news or bad news?

Post by 2Girlsmum »

DD has 1st choice - St Michael's. Sorry for quick posting but access to this website has been on par with eadmissions one!
happyqueen

Post by happyqueen »

Hi 2Girlsmum. That's absolutely fantastic news and well done to you and your dd.

:D :D :D

Loup67. Wonderful news for you too. Well done to your dd also.

Happyqueen
Contains Nuts

Post by Contains Nuts »

We got St Michael's too, following her older sister.
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

Well done Loup67, 2Girlsmum and Contains Nuts!! :) Congratulations, that's fabulous news and really pleased for you and your DC's. :) 2Girlsmum and CN, I am sure your girls will be very happy at St Michael's, my DD loves it there.

Out of interest, if you are based in Barnet, how and when did you find out the news? I will be going through this again next year so interested to know. It seems to have been much later this year (last year it was meant to be 7am but in reality was much later).
Charl39
mo3

Post by mo3 »

We are based in Barnet. Got email around 5.16pm notifying us of the result.

To view online with Eadmissions it was from 5pm but extremely difficult to log in with the huge demand. We had friends who took about 45 minutes to log on.

You also receive a text message reminding you to log on with a reminder of your username and password to help you.

Oh just to mention, DD got her 1st choice at Latymer where she will also be joining her older sister.
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

Thanks everyone. Charl39 - DD is excited but sort of expected it after my conversation with her Y6 teacher, and wasn't worried as we were confident about Latymer :wink: It was like training for a marathon, but the extra work paid off, and shows that it's possible to do it without tutors :D :D

We've been so busy focusing on the tests and results that it is only now starting to hit home that she is GOING TO BIG SCHOOL!!! Buying the uniform (and mothballs to keep the moths away from the woollen uniform) will be a summer treat for us. Thank you everyone for all the help and support. I'll be a lurker for a year or so then back in anticipation of the second time with dd2. xx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now