2011 Allocation Profile

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Marylou

2011 Allocation Profile

Post by Marylou »

is here:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... ch2011.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marylou
Midget Man

Re: 2011 Allocation Profile

Post by Midget Man »

Well done Marylou-Can't believe both ahs and AGS were all offered! SHF still gone very far out so expect that will go all offered aswell eventually. Be interesting how many places(if any) become available to those schools from now until August.

Royal Latin also gone further out. Were there a lower number of children of age? Just seems that this particular part of Bucks all distances have grown.
mannic

Post by mannic »

Thank you so much for the allocation profile. I was awaiting the formal letter tomorrow, but living just 6 miles from JHGS your info seems to suggest that my son will have a place. It appears that a lot of 11+ passers will get there first choices, given distances advised. Does this reflect particularly hard papers this year ? Would be interested to hear what people think.
mk123

Post by mk123 »

Thanks from me too! I have still some hopes now for waiting lists. another wait countdown :cry: Midget Man - you know best what I mean and feel....based on all the posts I have seen from this time last year.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

mk123 wrote:Thanks from me too! I have still some hopes now for waiting lists. another wait countdown :cry: Midget Man - you know best what I mean and feel....based on all the posts I have seen from this time last year.
Oh dear - I take it that it wasn't the news you wanted. :( How far are you outside the distance? Waiting list is a good idea but an appeal might also be worth a shot.
Marylou
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

It was the most traumatic thing we have ever been through, I was left feeling ill :(

Sorry MK123 I can't recall if you have a DD or DS, but it would be worth also adding either AHS or AGS to your waiting list as well as SHF, you have nothing to lose by adding more :D
mannic

Post by mannic »

I'm not sure if this is the right area of the forum to raise this - but thought it could definitely be of general interest. One of my friends had moved out of their house some 8 months ago, so it could undergo some major renovations- but Bucks insisted that they placed their new temporarily rented accommodation on their son's application form as the ADDRESS. This placed him a couple of miles further away from his preferred Grammar school - and it seems that he may miss out as a result !! Does anyone have any similar experience or advice ??
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I'm not sure there is anything they could do about this, Bucks have strict rules on this and stick by them, I know! Will not make a difference to them that the house was being renovated, if they were occupying a different address at time of application/allocation deadlines then this is what they will go from. If things have changed since, they will then consider the new address info for further rounds.

Have they moved back to the reonvated property? Plus, if they were only a few miles out they may still get in on further rounds anyway, depends on what school they had applied to.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

mannic wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right area of the forum to raise this - but thought it could definitely be of general interest. One of my friends had moved out of their house some 8 months ago, so it could undergo some major renovations- but Bucks insisted that they placed their new temporarily rented accommodation on their son's application form as the ADDRESS. This placed him a couple of miles further away from his preferred Grammar school - and it seems that he may miss out as a result !! Does anyone have any similar experience or advice ??
This is ridiculous - it's clear that the house must have been in need of work, otherwise they probably wouldn't have chosen to move further away temporarily from the school at such a sensitive time! Are they likely to be moving back soon? As MM says, there is a possibility of getting a place on a future round and an appeal would definitely also be worthwhile imho.

MidgetMan - don't you ever go to bed? We are both night owls. :lol:
Last edited by Marylou on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marylou
mk123

Post by mk123 »

Thank you all for encouragement. Yes, we/DD/ are around few extra yards from the published distance for SHF. :( Just at the wrong end of MK so fingers crossed waiting list takes this a bit further in April.
I will be emailing Admissions to inquire of the exact distance now. Hope they will be quick replying and definitely faster than the online application today;) MK online admissions was flawless today but then volume makes a difference.