No email yet? There may be another way......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Benoit

No email yet? There may be another way......

Post by Benoit »

I hope this helps some. I telephoned Medway Admissions after 1700 and was told that they have all gone home and there will be no emails as there was a problem sending them.

Despite trying and trying, the Medway website didn't seem to have any current information and would only acknowledge that I registered for the 11 plus.

In any case, I have now managed to log in to the Medway site and have managed to get my daughter's placement, even if it was not particularly user friendly! I have let some other parents know and they have found it helpful so here is a step by step guide if you are still waiting! I'm sure most are a step ahead of me but I thought I'd post it in case there are some frustrated parents. Here goes!

Google 'medway admissions online' and click on the first one that says Application Form - Medway Council (should be the top one).
Naturally you'd click on View Test Assessment Result but it didn't work for me doing that, so I clicked on Print Completed Summary and found it brought up the up-to-date print screen and on that form, if you scroll to the bottom, you should find the result.

Good luck and I hope it helps someone waiting for the email!!
Benoit
doodles

Re: No email yet? There may be another way......

Post by doodles »

Benoit wrote:I hope this helps some. I telephoned Medway Admissions after 1700 and was told that they have all gone home and there will be no emails as there was a problem sending them.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I am sure when I was at work and working on a project of this importance I wouldn't have been allowed to just go home!

Hope you all manage to get some information.
Snow

Post by Snow »

I've got a message "Please be advised that your child's secondary school offer is now available to view at http://www.medway.gov.uk/onlineadmissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
But nothing is there :( and the Print Summary page does not work for me either... Nightmare!
pop2

Post by pop2 »

we had the same problem, couldn't access the site, but then kept hitting the refresh button and send and eventually got through, then the same happened opening up the summary page but again kept continually hitting the refresh button and then we got it. It was easy to miss the offer because it wasn't highlighted in any way - just under the prefered choice next to "Offer status" it said "accepted". Don't give up! Good luck.
pop2

Post by pop2 »

...and Thank You Benoit, we wouldn't have found it without your advice - fab :D
Snow

Post by Snow »

Thank you, pop2, but we don't even have the Offer Status anywhere :shock:
Pippin11

Post by Pippin11 »

I have had the same problem- no offer status etc: our application was displayed all day as being "not submitted" in big red fonts! This has been very worrying and despite being reassured by a MC advisor over the telephone that there are other parents who have similar issues with the website and that the application is valid, I am now more concerned about the status of my application (has my data been lost- lots of other patents have accessed their offers???!!!) than the offer itself. Very disappointing, have woken in the early hours, checked again, nothing.....
TeamD

Post by TeamD »

Pippin11 wrote:I have had the same problem- no offer status etc: our application was displayed all day as being "not submitted" in big red fonts! This has been very worrying and despite being reassured by a MC advisor over the telephone that there are other parents who have similar issues with the website and that the application is valid, I am now more concerned about the status of my application (has my data been lost- lots of other patents have accessed their offers???!!!) than the offer itself. Very disappointing, have woken in the early hours, checked again, nothing.....
Pippin11 - I have the exact same problem!! I have been so worried since. I was also told by admissions that I had submitted the form correctly and that an offer letter had been posted yesterday by first class. Well, good luck Pippin11 and everyone else waiting for offers - hope its good news all round x
Snow

Post by Snow »

I've just called the admission team, they are saying that the site is down and I should not be able to login at all. And they can't inform about the results over the phone.
What was the point of online application if we are now more worrying than those who applied by post?
Update: two more calls and emails and I got the results, nothing changed on the website though... Should be relaxed now, but feel like I'm going to have a stroke :(
Good luck to everyone!
Pippin11

Post by Pippin11 »

We received our letter this afternoon and got our 1st choice which was Fort Pitt - thank goodness! Hoping that you all got similarly pleasing results. I have to say it has been a thoroughly testing 24 hours or so- the authorities should really look into whether the online system is able/ready to be fully functional before they offer it to parents in the future. Waiting for what is an enormously important decision, ultimately affecting the next 7 years of your child's life (and arguably, how aspects of their adult lives follow on accordingly....) is a time when parents are filled with anxiety. This system failure has turned the whole experience into a nightmare for us, to be honest, as we were genuinely worried that our daughter would not be offered anything at all!!! It has added insult to injury! Now that the good old-fashioned letter is in our hands, we can forget about it but needless to say, when we repeat this process with our younger daughter, I think we will stick to paper- the results may come in a day later but at least we won't be panicking about the status of our application!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now