Has anyone on here received their e-mail yet?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mostlymum

Has anyone on here received their e-mail yet?

Post by Mostlymum »

We certainly haven't and similar to lookinglass, took forever to get on the website last night.

Not impressed at all, especially given how other counties managed to get their e-mails out on time - and had staff in Admissions to deal with any problems. It's not as if they didn't know how many people to expect! :roll:
Booklady

Re: Has anyone on here received their e-mail yet?

Post by Booklady »

Interesting - I have not yet received an email giving my allocation (we saw it online) - but I have had an email back already from admissions confirming they have placed my DD on the 2 waiting lists I asked for by email last night! Very efficient!

Be interesting to see if anyone received a mail! As you say - they should have known what to expect!!
drummer

Post by drummer »

no email here yet

did any get a text? My DD says one of her in county friends knew yesterday morning and that she's heard by text?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

drummer wrote:no email here yet

did any get a text? My DD says one of her in county friends knew yesterday morning and that she's heard by text?
I think the Pan London system is trialling text messages.

Have you checked your spam/junk folder. Hope everyone gets the information soon!
crecheout

Post by crecheout »

No e mail, no text, what a shambles!
drummer

Post by drummer »

The emails haven't been sent yet. From the Bucks CC website:

"Secondary school allocations were posted to Buckinghamshire residents on 1 March 2011. Where parents applied online, emails detailing the outcome of their application were due be sent from 5.00pm on 1 March. However, there has been a delay and they will be sent as soon as possible. "
drummer

Post by drummer »

mitasol wrote: I think the Pan London system is trialling text messages.
The child lives in Bucks
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Drummer, I think mitasol is merely saying that London is "trying texts" as a point of information, not that the child is in London!
drummer

Post by drummer »

Hi Sally-Anne, I meant does anyone know if there were texts on offer in Bucks as that is how this child was said to have found out yesterday morning (she knew before she came to school).
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

There is definitely no text service on offer in Bucks, so the child could not have got the official allocation by text, and certainly not yesterday morning.

The only possibility is that the child's parent knows someone at a Bucks primary or secondary school because schools did have the allocation profile on Friday. If the GS in question was All Offered then it would have been definitive enough for someone to feel able to send a text ahead of the official deadline.