Waiting List Procedure

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ksmatharu

Waiting List Procedure

Post by ksmatharu »

Appreciate if someone can can my query below:

My daugther has managed to gain a place at KEGS - Rose Hill, which we are very very pleased about, but it was our second choice. First choice was KEGS - Camp Hill Girls because of its locatlity - we live in Moseley.

I understand that I need to contact the KE consortium by email/post to find our if my daugther maybe on the waiting list for Camp Hill, but this may take 2 weeks to find out.

If in theoretical terms my daugther has managed to get on to the waiting list for Camp Hill, I would like to know what procedure needs to be followed to gain a place there.

I was also advised by a parent at school that they recevied two letters today, the first confirming that they obtained a place also at Rose Hill and a second that had their childs score. Is this correct, we only received the first letter?

Thanks and well done to everyone out there.
KSMATHARU
KenR

Re: Waiting List Procedure

Post by KenR »

Hi

Will try to help

Firstly congratulations - KEGS Rose Hill is an excellent school and as you are aware competition is fierce.

Your daughter will be on the waiting list for Camp Hill, the problem is that you won't know where on the list or whether there is a realistic chance of moving up until you have your childs score.

You should request these from the KE Foundation (either by post or email if this is allowed).

They will then send you a letter which details you child's scores in each of the section, the total score and the decision for each school on you list. This will show the pass score and your childs score.

To have any realistic chance of getting in via the waiting list to Camp Hill Girls you need to be within a score of 1 mark from the pass. (Please read the sticky at the top of this section about pass scores for an explanation of why)

I wouldn't worry too much about the journey to Rose Hill, there is a very good green bus service which goes through Moseley. KE children generally live many miles from the schools and cope well.

Hope this helps
ksmatharu

Post by ksmatharu »

Thank you for your response.

Just to getter a better understanding, what would the procedure be if a child was on the waiting list for Camp Hill. Would they need to appeal/contact the schools?
KSMATHARU
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Ksmatharu,

Congratulations on gaining KE Handsworth- it is an excellent school! My DD also gained a place there (2nd choice - as CH was first). I'm over the moon with her results as she wasn't a strong candidate.

Anyhow, my DS2 had his heart set on CH as eldest brother is there but he got his second choice of Aston. I was quick to phone the KE Foundation and received his score today. He missed CH by a couple of marks and is on their waiting list.

To get his results, I needed to send them an email. They did say they over offered this year. Pass mark was 232. It is possible (and I quote the Foundation)- that if your child is within the range of 1-10 on waiting list, then there is a slight chance of entering KECH. Your DD will be on their waiting list until December and they will notify you of any movement. After December you have to liase with the LEA and if she gets a place, she will need to sit another test also. But I think that applies post Y7 (y8+).

Getting to Rosehill from Moseley isn't that bad for travel. There's 3 location points in Moseley via Green bus and it takes 20 mins. Actually, it's worked out alright for us as our location point is down the road and both DD and DS2 will be on the same bus and route!! :wink:

um

Post by um »

ksmatharu wrote:They did say they over offered this year. Pass mark was 232
Just to check this - the 'pass' mark last year was 353 for CH boys and 328 for CHgirls- do you mean 332 - is this for CH boys?

Thank you - I know there's another thread on scoring this year but there's been no further info as yet...
ksmatharu

Post by ksmatharu »

Thanks DIYMum, I'll contact the foundation in the morning.
KSMATHARU
auricula

Post by auricula »

Hi, just to let you know, pass mark for Camp Hill Boys this year was definately 232, although not all on that point could be offered a place. Had confirmation from Foundation Office today.

Hope that helps

Ax :)
auricula

Post by auricula »

It also said highest score achieved was 276 if that is of any use to you.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Yes, double checked: 232 for KECHB, and 215 for BV, 217 for Aston, and 223 for KEFW (should have put KEFW down on our list, as he comfortably made it in :o )
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

:shock: Wow, that's a major change in the scoring system!

Mike
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now