Appeal help please

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pheasantchick

Appeal help please

Post by pheasantchick »

We didn't get our first choice and am considering. I know the info is here somewhere so can you point me in the right direction?

1) When do we apply for waiting lists, and how?
2) When do we apply for appeals, and how?
3) Can we appeal and go on a waiting list for the same school?

Sorry for asking obvious questions. I'm tired, it's late, feeling a little emotional, and the computer is running slow which is really annoying me!

I'm in Kent.
tigger2

Re: Appeal help please

Post by tigger2 »

Hi PheasantChick

I can answer these...which is great because I usually only ask questions :D
1) waiting list forms for kent will be in your letter tomorrow confirming your offer
2)you can download an appeal form via kcc's website at any time
3)yes ,you can appeal to a school and go on their waiting list too

Really hope this is of help
Tigger
doodles

Post by doodles »

Hi PC, all the info and forms will be in the pack you receive with your offer letter. This should arrive tomorrow I would guess.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Doodles, the appeal form will have to be downloaded from kcc's website this year. I only found out by chance when talking to admissions. The waiting list form is still going to be with the letter though. I asked why they had changed the appeals form from being included with the letter to a download and was told that it was to encourage parents to think twice before appealing!!! Honestly if you didn't laugh you would cry :lol: :shock:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

tigger2 wrote: I asked why they had changed the appeals form from being included with the letter to a download and was told that it was to encourage parents to think twice before appealing!!! Honestly if you didn't laugh you would cry :lol: :shock:
:shock:

That should make you all the more determined to go for it!
Marylou
doodles

Post by doodles »

tigger2 wrote: I asked why they had changed the appeals form from being included with the letter to a download and was told that it was to encourage parents to think twice before appealing!!! Honestly if you didn't laugh you would cry :lol: :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
pGe

Post by pGe »

I think you would be surprised how many people appeal - and at the reasons for which they believe they have grounds!

I appealled to 3 schools last year - lost one(despite having the backing of EWO) and won two - and was then also offered a place on a selective via waiting list. DS passed Bexley and Kent but wasnt offered a place at either.

However, we turned down the Selective and the Grammar and went for the local Comp where DS is having a wonderful time, is in the top groups for all his subjects and feels on top of the world. He decided which school he felt he would be happier attending.

I totally sympathise with anyone having to go through the Appeals process, its horrendous. I had to deal with a bereavement, inquest and appeals. All I can say is if its meant to be it will be. Keep strong and make notes as you think of them, you can then collate all your notes and make sense of them when you arent so 'in shock'.

Good Luck.