Buses from Wickford to Southend Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

essexdad1

Buses from Wickford to Southend Girls

Post by essexdad1 »

One of my friend,s daughter has got a place in Southend Girls. Want to find out about the buses to the school from Wickford.
Looked at the CSSE website. It says about Sothend boys and Westcliff schools only

Could anyone help me with any info....
Gracienick

Re: Buses from Wickford to Southend Girls

Post by Gracienick »

You are right; there are no consortium buses from Wickford (or Billericay) that go to SHSG. My DD's friends who go there from Billericay catch a train to Southend Victoria then get on a bus for the last few miles.

One of the reasons we didn't consider Southend was the transport issue.

I am quite surprised no one has set up a private service as I am sure there must be plenty of girls from SHSG living in Billericay and Wickford to fill a coach.

One of the mums last year successfully set up a private service (SBC coaches) to the Westcliff schools from Billericay as she wasn't happy with the CSSE service. She started a thread on here to ask who might be interested and filled the coach really quickly. My DD uses this service and we are very happy with it.
essexdad1

Post by essexdad1 »

Thanks Gracienick for responding.

Can you please give me the details of the coach service. My son will be going to Westcliff from Wickford next year and it will be a good idea to check it out for him.
Gracienick

Post by Gracienick »

Hi- sorry but the coach service we use is for Billericay pupils only. One of the reasons the mum set it up in the first place was that the consortium bus stopped everywhere and Billericay kids were having to leave at a stupidly early time. The closest stop to you would be the one in South green (Coxes Green Road) or Noak Bridge.

The consortium bus goes through Wickford I believe.

The coach company is SBC:
http://www.sbcleisure.com/?page_id=47" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HTH
kaynor

Post by kaynor »

For Wickford to WHSB think you need:

Service 502 –Shenfield to Southend High School for Boys and Westcliff schools via Great Burstead – Crays Hill – Wickford (Service by First) timetable details on transport link on CSSE website.

For SHSG as mentioned think majority go via train to Southend Victoria and onto a local bus for the last couple of miles.
poochie

Post by poochie »

Some girls who live in Wickford going to SHSG catch the 513 from Bedoes Corner Rawreth which is the last pick up and then goes to Westcliff,Southend Boys then onto Southend girls.
essexdad1

Post by essexdad1 »

Thanks Gracienick, Kaynor and Poochie
kaynor

Post by kaynor »

Some more information for anyone considering transport options to SHSG. If you purchase a childs annual train (or seasonal)PlusBus ticket you can get an additional 10% discount. To see how, check parents section SHSG website. A parent told me it applies to both train companies running into Southend. This works out cheaper than the consortium buses (even from Zone A) and gives greater flexibilty with the times. Always wondered why I occasionally see a carriage full of green blazers :!:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Just to put anyone's mind at rest whose children might get the Consortium buses which pick up in Billericay. They run through Billericay at the same time as the SBC coach. My son gets his bus about 7.20 - 7.25am (not particularly early) and the SBC coach arrives shortly after (anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes). Coming home in the evening, they arrive back at my son's stop around the same time. Can I also add that the Consortium bus which my son gets does not stop at an excessive amount of bus stops. He has been getting a Consortium run bus for five years, so we are well acquainted with the service and very pleased with it. Good luck with finding suitable transport. :D :D
Last edited by Fran17 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
moved

Post by moved »

kaynor wrote:Some more information for anyone considering transport options to SHSG. If you purchase a childs annual train (or seasonal)PlusBus ticket you can get an additional 10% discount. To see how, check parents section SHSG website. A parent told me it applies to both train companies running into Southend. This works out cheaper than the consortium buses (even from Zone A) and gives greater flexibilty with the times. Always wondered why I occasionally see a carriage full of green blazers :!:
Just to add that the train line that is nearest to SHSG is the C2C line into Fenchurch Street, some girls take it to Southend Central and then walk to Southend Victoria to go further north into Essex.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now