Newstead Wood from Kent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jonnie303

Newstead Wood from Kent

Post by jonnie303 »

Totally thrilled and delighted to learn today that dd2 will be starting at Newstead Wood in September, joining dd1 who is already there. But my question is, will there be any other new girls at Newstead from Kent?

Best of luck to all those still waiting to hear their allocations.
Last edited by jonnie303 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
wishful

Re: Newstead Wood from Kent

Post by wishful »

I'm sure there will be, they're keeping quiet though! Congrats and well done to your dd :D
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

My DD's got into Newstead too, but we are in bromley.
Hence why I didnt reply earlier.
Whereabouts in Kent are you ? I am sure there would be many girls from kent :)
jonnie303

Post by jonnie303 »

Congratulations, Ang's mom, to you and your DD - see you at Newstead on 14 June!

We're in Badgers Mount, halfway between Orpington and Sevenoaks, just beyond the Bromley Borough boundary.
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

Congratulations on DD2 !!

Your DD's can travel together thats nice..how does your DD1 travel to school now ?
What are her experiences in the school ? You can PM me if you are more comfortable that way .

Do they put girls from the same area/primary in one form ?
jonnie303

Post by jonnie303 »

So far, DD1 has been taken to school by car. :? Not sure how long we'll continue with that, but the bus service from here is pretty bad, one bus at 7.30 then nothing until after 9. No private coach/schoolbus service from this direction, unfortunately. But lots of girls do arrive by bus/coach, or by train, probably the majority of them.

DD1's experiences at Newstead have been wholly positive - otherwise we'd have had second thoughts about sending DD2 there! She's made good friends, enjoys all subjects (except PE!), works hard, and gets very involved with various musical activities. I'm 100% certain it's the right school for her. The school caters for a wide range of extra-curricular activities and interests. On the other hand I get the impression there are one or two girls who were over-coached just to pass the test to get in, for whom it possibly isn't the right school - but I guess this must be true of any selective school, and I'm sure it won't be an issue for you. Self-motivation is a key requirement, as with anything in life - and in this regard we've been very pleasantly surprised at how DD1 has developed during her time at Newstead so far.

You'll have seen my comments on another thread about the allocation of girls to forms.
nikki's mum

Post by nikki's mum »

Dear jonnie303,

I am glad to hear the positive feedback about the school.
I am waiting for the result and looking forward to send my DD to Newstead wood school.
Any other parents ........please give some more feedback.
Thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now