tiffin

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
siva1

tiffin

Post by siva1 »

my son js scored 221 and he lost mark because born in september, He is top in school and babra class as well, is it worth appeal ?
Etienne

Re: tiffin

Post by Etienne »

There are three considerations when deciding on a possible appeal:
1. What is the previous history of appeals for the school? (Have they always been very hard to win?)
2. What arguments will you be putting forward? (How strong a case do you have?)
3. If score is a factor, then the further away you are from the score required, the more difficult it usually becomes.

Someone with local knowledge may be able to advise you with regard to Tiffin.
Etienne
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

I think you would need to produce evidence that procedure had not been followed correctly on the day of the test, or that you have since found out that something drastic had happened to affect his performance on the day. There will be many boys on the same or higher score as your son who are also top of their class in their primary schools and who have just missed the cut off mark of 228. The waiting list will move and further offers made but I'm not sure it would go down as far as 221. The test is a snapshot on the day but that is all they will go on I'm afraid unless you can prove that he was affected by something else.
siva1

Post by siva1 »

Etienne wrote:There are three considerations when deciding on a possible appeal:
1. What is the previous history of appeals for the school? (Have they always been very hard to win?)
2. What arguments will you be putting forward? (How strong a case do you have?)
3. If score is a factor, then the further away you are from the score required, the more difficult it usually becomes.

Someone with local knowledge may be able to advise you with regard to Tiffin.
thanks for your message Etienne
siva1

Post by siva1 »

thanks for your advice which which
siva1

Post by siva1 »

How to work out age score for september born? how maney pointes maximum school take away for september born childrens ?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Hi Siva,

Schools do not deduct points for older children. September children are being compared with other September children. This is not likely to be a productive argument in an appeal.

Have a look at these for an explanation
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advice ... xplanation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nfer.ac.uk/nfer/research/ass ... sation.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I agree entirely with Mitasol, and any attempt to argue at appeal on the basis of September standardisation is almost certainly doomed to fail.
Etienne
FAIRNESS

Post by FAIRNESS »

you can ask RBK to give the marks.
siva1

Post by siva1 »

what kind of support school head can give ?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now