westcliff boy going to westcliff

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

natnats

westcliff boy going to westcliff

Post by natnats »

My DS only boy from his school going to WHSB. Is there anyone else in this position?
mum of boys

Re: westcliff boy going to westcliff

Post by mum of boys »

my son is in year 7 at WHSB and he was the only one from his school going. Most of the boys he has met were in the same situation. Only a few went with friends. He has made some great new friends and I'm sure your son will too, so don't worry.
Swf mum

Post by Swf mum »

Hi, natnats, you are not alone! We are in the same position. Our DS is the only one going to WHSB from his school. There must be lots of children in the same position as ours. Just so happy he got a place. I'm sure it will be fine.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Hi natnats,

My sons go to SHSB and neither of them knew anyone at the school when they first started. The first day was a nightmare for me as I worried all day long but when I picked them up at the end of the day they spent the car journey home telling me about all the new friends they had made. On reflection I actually think it was an advantage not knowing anyone. Rather than staying with one or two boys they already knew it encouraged them to mix with the whole class and enabled them to choose the friends they like spending time with. Your son will soon make lots of new friends. :D :D
natnats

Post by natnats »

Thanks for all your comments. He is quietly looking forward to starting in Sept, I am just concerned that with so many out of borough children attending the school he will be walking home alone every day.............only joking.

I think "new school, new start, new friends" and like you say if he went with a bunch of children from his current school he would be more likely to stick with them. I hear WHSB organise a fun day for all the children to meet with their classmates so that should go some way to breaking the ice