wallington girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mm14

wallington girls

Post by mm14 »

My daughter scored 389 out of catchment. cut off was 391. Anyone got any idea if she has a chance of getting a place from the waiting lists.
whathappened

Re: wallington girls

Post by whathappened »

Hi, my daughters friend scored 367 and is in catchment.sorry,i dont know if catchment gets priority in waiting lists or it is simply as case of highest score.i expect someone on this forum will be able to help you in this matter.well done to your daughter.
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

your DD has a very good chance

they keep two waiting lists, one for catchment and one of out, so girls in catchment do not get priority as such in the waiting list, they have their own, but they do have the same advantage :? in getting a place over the OOC girls (at least this year :wink: )
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi Giulio, can i firstly say i used to really enjoy your posts,so informative and always fair! I hope things turned out well for you.When i said i hoped another poster might help,i was thinking of you! My dd has got a place at wally girls but i am still a bit confused by the waiting list.My friends daughter who scored 367 is in catchment and has gone onto the waiting list. i note you say there are 2 lists,one for catchment and one for out but i am being a bit thick here,is it a case of after all offers they go to the waiting list for next highest scores.sorry not sure why they would have 2 lists.basically Guilio,i think i am asking what my friends chance is scoring 367 in catchment when the lowest score accepted was 371.phew! hope i have not lost you there,i sort of lost myself!
many thanks
mm14

Post by mm14 »

Thanks for your replies. Guilio, i wonder if you know by how many points has the cut off dropped in previous years (after 1 March offer day). Also when are the last round of offers likely to be sent out. Do I get an idea of where she is on the waiting list from the school or from my local authority? Any information would be very useful. Thank you
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi mm14, looks like it is just you and me then!

My friends daughter does not think she will get in with her score but your daughters score is very good.You must be very proud of her. why do you think some people do not accept their places,my friend thought it was when people suddenly got divorced!! must be a lot of unhappy couples around,might be the stress of this 11 plus exam!
well good luck to you.hopefully guilio will appear to offer advice soon.
mm14

Post by mm14 »

Yes its all very quiet here on the wallington girls results. If there are only the 2 of us waiting then we will be sure of a place!! I think some girls do not accept their places because they have perhaps been given a good scholarship or bursary at an independent so they may choose to go down that route. There may be other reasons too. We will just have to play the waiting game unless Guilio can come up with some answers. Good luck to your friends daughter and well done to your daughter on gaining a place.
far_away

Post by far_away »

All too quiet here....we got our results on email and our DD got 360, we're in catchment. We know she's on the waiting list but not sure where in the queue she is. Any guidance on whether she has hope would be useful. Waiting game goes on...
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi far away, now there are 3 of us!

My friend has no broadband at the moment,hence me asking questions for her. I have read that you can go down on the waiting list, does that mean that many girls who did not get nonsuch will then go onto waiting list?I know my friend is really frustrated with this but she was told it was better not to bother Wallington girls with her questions!
i am also telling her not to take too much notice of what some other mums tell her,not everyone is honest.she was told this morning that one girl had scored 370 in catchment but her mum had rung wallington and been told she shouldnt bother with waiting list!!!!
Once my friend has broadband back,she will be on here to swell our numbers to 4!
good luck
a2ihe

Post by a2ihe »

Hi everyone!
My daughter scored 380 from ooc, I phoned Wallington School on Friday to ask how low they went on the waiting list for ooc last year. I couldn't get anyone on the phone and left a message with my query not really hoping for anybody getting back to me. A very pleasant lady rang this morning saying that the lowest they went last year on ooc was 369 (from 371), so only 2 points. I said: Oh well, I shouldn't really bother then to which she replied: You never know how it is going to turn out this year, because it depends on so many things. Their waiting list is not going to be accumulated til beginning of April, but she definitely did not completely dismiss me with my daughter's score of 380.

My daughter is now saying that even if she was to get a place from Wallington, she will most likely stick with her place in very sought after local comp (she has a few friends going there and has it all planned out already :roll: ), but what I am trying to say is that with 389 for ooc and 367 or 370 from within oc you should definitely stand a massive chance. Don't lose hope just yet! :)
Last edited by a2ihe on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.