Habs boys and Habs girls how do they mix them?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

CoolMum5

Habs boys and Habs girls how do they mix them?

Post by CoolMum5 »

Of course we know that they meet up on the school coach but are they also mixed for classes? Someone I know said they do but I've not heard of this. I wouldn't mind actually. I don't want DS to be clueless about talking to girls when he's 18 - God love him! :lol:
onetogo

Re: Habs boys and Habs girls how do they mix them?

Post by onetogo »

I haven't heard of them doing that but we're only in Year 7 so that may well be yet to come. The junior schools hold a joint disco at Christmas and we were strongly encouraged to persuade our sons to attend as it would be good for them!!!
CoolMum5

Post by CoolMum5 »

The disco sounds like fun! Are you happy with the school? I've only heard good things from friends!
onetogo

Post by onetogo »

Coolmum5 - yes we are really happy with it. The extra curricular activities are great with lots to choose from. To give you a flavour, on Friday my DS took part in the inter-house rugby, today was inter-house water polo and on Thursday he will be taking part in a concert in the Barbican. There really is something for everyone and the boys are encouraged to join in.

Apparently the disco was fun, although I'm not sure the boys were brave enough to talk to the girls!
2ddsmum

Post by 2ddsmum »

Lessons are not mixed until they get to the 6th form where some general studies are mixed. I recall one year several boys put down a dance module as they understood the girls would be doing it in droves - only to find they weren't :wink: Also in the 6th form there are plenty of opportunities for debating/MuN etc.

There are some other joint activities lower down the school - there are occasional joint appearances in each other's plays & the swimming & athletics teams often compete along-side each other. Every so often there are combined music concerts as well. My daughters have had plenty of chances of doing joint activities but teaching is quite separate & that all seems to work just fine.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now