Chelmsford County High School cut off

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Brentwooddad

Chelmsford County High School cut off

Post by Brentwooddad »

Having become rapidly addicted to this forum I thought it only fair to share information from the CSSE office as of a few minutes ago -

I was told the last one in to CCHS as at 1st March was position 170, with a score of just over 343.

This will be good news for a number of us, we shall see what the waiting lists bring tomorrow....

I assume the movement in places is limited until ECC receive letters declining places offered?

Brentwooddad
Beansmum

Re: Chelmsford County High School cut off

Post by Beansmum »

Brentwooddad,

You have made my day! I was wondering if I could bear to wait until tomorrow, but knowing already that one place will be declined in favour of a London School, we should be in, because my DD was ranked 171. I think the rankings go lower this year because of an increased number applying from London Boroughs.

Apparently the offers are reissued on the 1st of each month, but they will tell you if you ring up.

A couple of years ago, my friend rang to see where on the waiting list her DD was, and was told she wasn't on the list. They checked again, and as the list had already moved they had her down as already having a place!

Am I right in presuming you are also on the waiting list? Good Luck if so.

p.s. It is very addictive, isn't it?!
Brentwooddad

Post by Brentwooddad »

Hi Beansmum

As I've seen your posts and your daughter's position, I thought I should sign up and post!

I can't believe the CSSE staff would be inaccurate, so I though it safe to post this information.

I know of one other offered who is likely to decline, so let's all hope there is some movement in the list sooner rather than later, as this whole process takes over our lives....

Yes we are on the list, a bit further down but I'm relatively optimistic.

Hope you get good news tomorrow.

Brentwooddad
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Two years ago we were position 5 on the waiting list for one of our daughters, (initially) and I was confidently told by the lovely man at adnissions that we would get a place.I found that hard to have faith in...but he was absolutely right and he said that every year there is movement of 8 - 10 places.(sometimes more)
So looking forward to hearing your good news.... :D :D :D
Last edited by Chelmsford mum on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunnyday

Post by sunnyday »

My DD was offered a place at CCHS but has decided to decline.

Hope this helps someone.
Brentwooddad

Post by Brentwooddad »

Thank you sunnyday and Chelmsford mum. I guess it takes some time for ECC to reallocate, or do they send out the first batch of fresh allocations pretty quickly?

Just trying to work out how long we have to keep calm for....

Thanks

Brentwooddad
manicmummy

Post by manicmummy »

OH GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ....DEFINATELY KEEP US POSTED :) ....and yes it is addictive brentwooddad !
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Brentwooddad wrote:Thank you sunnyday and Chelmsford mum. I guess it takes some time for ECC to reallocate, or do they send out the first batch of fresh allocations pretty quickly?

Just trying to work out how long we have to keep calm for....

Thanks

Brentwooddad
The first day I rang we were 5 th.I was told to ring a week later - I lasted 5 days :oops: and it had moved one place.I rang a week later and we were 2nd but he said to me " I would be very hopeful if I were you." Looking back I think he knew he had some declined offers on his desk, but couldn't say on the phone because two days later from that phone call ...the offer came.
Oh the joy :D especially as we already had one there.

I actually cried :oops: I was on my own - I hasten to add.

Keep us posted.We are all rooting for everyone on lists, because the sad truth is, that it can be a couple of missed questions on the paper that makes the agonising difference in many cases.Good luck :D
Brentwooddad

Post by Brentwooddad »

And we all know our children were capable of getting in within the first cut, from girls we know and their individual results, five or six questions across the three papers made a difference of 60 positions on the overall results list.

It is tough on our children because they have actually done well and they (and we) can feel so deflated.

Roll on tomorrow.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Brentwooddad wrote:It is tough on our children because they have actually done well and they (and we) can feel so deflated.

Roll on tomorrow.
I agree, and speaking as someone who had two daughters coming in at either end of the positionings, it will make no difference when - (note the when and not if - let's be really hopeful), your daughter gets there. The selection process does have the feel of a rather cruel lottery at times and it is great that this site is there to offer advice and consolation.