Stratford Grammar for Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ksmatharu

Stratford Grammar for Girls

Post by ksmatharu »

What are people's opinions on this school, in particular what the facilities like?
KSMATHARU
Ed's mum

Re: Stratford Grammar for Girls

Post by Ed's mum »

I'm afraid that I have no experience of this school. Sorry.
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

I personally think that Stratford High has better facilities than either SGS or KES, being newer and purpose built, it is tidy, well equipped and smart. KES and SGS look more outdated when you view them.

I have a daughter at the High and a son going to KES so have viewed all three.
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

I have 2 daughters at SGGS and both are doing very well there - it may not be covered in glass and modern architecture but the ethos of the school is so much more important. The results are also very good - GCSE is fine as one would expect but the A level results are very good indeed and get better year on year.
The teaching is, for the most part, very good indeed and the teachers have a mutually respectful relationship with the girls.
OK parts of the campus are a little tatty (not the school's fault 'cos they seem to get underfunded by the beastly education authority and don't get bankrolled by the civic trust like KES) but the general ambience is nice especially in the summer.
Let's not forget that the High School looks all modern but its architect lives in a lovely old cotswold barn not one of his cold and clinical designs!!
DadTutor

Post by DadTutor »

What was the lowest score to obtain place at SGforG for this year?

TIA.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now