Bexley non-Qualification Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
littlemissfavored

Bexley non-Qualification Appeal

Post by littlemissfavored »

DS was 4 marks away from cut off. Head teach appeal was turned down, I intend to try the parental appeal, but not sure of the first step to take, please advise.
Etienne

Re: Bexley non-Qualification Appeal

Post by Etienne »

Welcome! Have you read the Q&As?
Etienne
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Hi,

There's no doubt that to win an appeal in Bexley is very rare. You will be in for a bumpy ride with knocks at every turn and, statistically, the odds are stacked against you.
But go for it, if you don't you will never know!

Firstly, unless you have indie plans, accept the school you have been offered.
Secondly, contact Hillview and tell them that you wish to appeal. They will send you the form and all the details.
You may need to follow this call up in a few days as it has been known for them to 'lose' this initital appeal request.

When you get the form, it's quite straight forawrd to fill in.
You will need to find a huge amount of a evidence to show why your son is suitable for grammar education.
Previous appeals suggest that this is working at level 5b in all areas at the time of the 11+. You will need to state any 'exceptional circumstances' as to why your son did not pass the 11+.

Don't underestimate the extremely high rate of appeal failure. Year after year we have kids leaving yr 6 with strong level 5s across the board, yet Bexley denies them the opportunity of a grammar education. It seems that Bexley Council simply goes through the motions...
littlemissfavored

Post by littlemissfavored »

Thanks, I feel really encouraged by your responses all ready. I will go for it. after all I have nothing to lose....