Anyone heard from WGSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sonic1

Anyone heard from WGSB

Post by sonic1 »

Has anyone had a communication from Watford Grammar School for Boys- my son was offered a place on March 1st which we accepted online. We have heard nothing since which makes the whole experience somewhat surreal....
Spoke to a mum whose son got Parmiters and they have already had a curriculum evening which I find bizarre considering March 16th hasn't come round yet!!
I keep checking my confirmation email to reassure myself that this is reall!
Ally

Re: Anyone heard from WGSB

Post by Ally »

Hi
I'm sure everything is OK and the same happens with many/most of the schools. They'll be in touch when they start to organise events for new parents / pupils. Every school has different timetable for organising things. Last year we didn't hear anything directly from Queens for ages.
Ally
TubbyCakes

Post by TubbyCakes »

The day after Offer Day ie 2 March, received a number of forms for completion such as the school's acceptance form, requests for proof of address, child's birth certificate. However no invites to any events. Contact the school directly if you still don't receive anything by post.

Hope that helps
aka

Post by aka »

The curriculum evening at Parmiter's is a bi-annual event for all parents and students - it is not aimed specifically at the potential new year 7s. Those allocated places at the school on 2nd March are invited with the rest of the school to attend if they wish. The only people I know that have had communication from Watford Boys are those that got in on distance - they have to show proof of residency etc. Those who entered as a sibling, music or academic have not heard anything yet, so I wouldn't worry.
TubbyCakes

Post by TubbyCakes »

My son's place was awarded on distance.