offer letters - who sends them out?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chad

offer letters - who sends them out?

Post by chad »

My son is currently in the Windsor LEA system that changes schools at 9 & 13... does anyone know whether we will get a place offer on March 1st directly from a grammar school, directly from Slough Lea or from Slough LEA via Windsor & M/head LEA?

Post by Guest »

I would have thought he would receive his offer through Windsor LEA.
They will have exchanged all info with the other LEA , but cause Windsors you're LEA I think it's them that will senD you're letter.

Only my view as I'm not in you're area. Footymad.
chad

Post by chad »

I did have to ask for, fill in and return a CAF (Common Application Form) to my home LEA.... even though if I hadn't applied to a grammar school my child should not move from his middle school until Year 8. So I think you're right!!!
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Both Langley and Slough grammars told us that they would send an offer themselves in addition to the letter from the LEA. Slough Grammar also said that last year the LEA sent offers to the wrong pupils so parents must be aware that pupils are only really offered a place if they receive their letter.
chad

Post by chad »

Thanks for the replies.

Catherine...... I'm glad that the grammars send out letters themselves. I was concerned whether there would be any communication between LEA's. I have heard so many 'horror stories' concerning offers that disappear into the ether. :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now