Free bus travel?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kentmum1

Free bus travel?

Post by kentmum1 »

Have any parents heard more of the proposed pilot scheme, offering free bus travel from June? I last read, in Feb, that forms will be available in schools. Son is planning to travel with Skinner's friend, who can otherwise take a private bus.

Also, transport aside, approx how much do they get through for food each day?????? Son seems to be already planning a feast of tuck, etc!
Donald Rumsfeld

Pilot bus scheme

Post by Donald Rumsfeld »

The pilot bus transport scheme is going ahead in Tonbridge / Tun Wells from September. I understand it will run for 2 years and then be reviewed. There is an upfront cost of around £40 (or maybe £50, I can't remember) for purchase of a photo-ID bus pass. I don't know when or how you apply (a known unknown!) I hope it is successful - a bold initiative from KCC (shock and awe!). I sure hope it will clear some of the 4x4s off the morning school run!

Post by Guest »

i think kentmum1 is correct and that it starts in june. i am also looking forward to it
kentmum1

kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

I know the original suggestion was 25.00 per year and to be effective from Sept. However, on the BBC news website, in Feb, it does say it will now be 50.00 and commencing from June. This will also cover all school hols. The idea is that we are on a 2-yr test scheme and, if successful, will be introduced across the country. So hopefully we won't lose it! Just wondered if anyone had heard further through their secondary schools.
ThursdaysGirl

Re: Free bus travel?

Post by ThursdaysGirl »

kentmum1 wrote:Have any parents heard more of the proposed pilot scheme, offering free bus travel from June?
I hope this link may help: http://www.kent.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/560 ... 7item4.pdf

With regard to the, 'Free Travel Pilot - Participating Secondary Schools' are shown near to the bottom of the Pdf document. :)

Night,

TG.
Hopefully this pilot will land and all areas
throughout, England will follow.
Thursdays Girl. :)
One World, One People, US!
kentmum1

kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

Thanks for info! I guess that's as much as anybody knows at this stage. Let's just hope they get the ball rolling!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now