11+ style english papers to swap

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RDR

11+ style english papers to swap

Post by RDR »

I am tutoring DD and friend and I have written some English papers in the style of the Essex 11+, this is hard work and I was wondering if anyone has some similar papers they would like to swap?
I have used copyright free classics so there are no legal issues. Papers have extracts from the following:
Jane Eyre
First world war poems
The Mayor of Casterbridge
Daniel Defoe easterrn counties
Middlemarch
sherlock Holmes - the adventures of the copper beeches
MacBeth - the three witches
Hard times
Pride and Predjudice
Available in open office and word, PM me if you are interested
Last edited by RDR on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KB

Re: 11+ style english papers to swap

Post by KB »

Not involved in 11 + this year but from posts on the forum it seems like the format of the English paper changed this year. If you are immersed in the process you are probably already aware, but thought worth taking 2 minutes to alert you if not....
RDR

Post by RDR »

KB wrote:Not involved in 11 + this year but from posts on the forum it seems like the format of the English paper changed this year. If you are immersed in the process you are probably already aware, but thought worth taking 2 minutes to alert you if not....
Thanks I have the latest paper and to most recent papers take this into account. I think the main point of these is to get the children used to literary writing so they can concentrate on answering the questions rather than panicking about the intimidating passage.
KB

Post by KB »

It sounds like you have done a huge amount of work! I haven't seen them, but are any parts if the Gcse paper any help? Maybe some lower tier questions? Although they may be spread across a whole text rather than giving an excerpt? I imagine old Ks3 papers don't use sufficiently complex texts!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now