Waiting list/appeals - March 22nd

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pheasantchick

Waiting list/appeals - March 22nd

Post by pheasantchick »

Theres nothing more I can do now. School acceptance is sent, waiting list form is sent, and appeal form is sent. All I can do is wait for the waiting lists to be published, and the appeal day.
GreenMum

Re: Waiting list/appeals - March 22nd

Post by GreenMum »

Ditto.

Good luck! :)
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Good luck. Such agony. But do look to past predictors - if it helps. Noticed that TGS whatever the starting point(210/207/205) always seemed to go to 201ish - in area though. I do this again 2012 and am dreading it.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Good Luck PC, dont forget there could still be some parents sitting on two offers and it may not be until last minute they give up the place. Dont buy your MGS uniforms just yet. I have a good feeling your son will get in and that will spare you the appeal agony.

Do they use distance then on the waiting list to see who is high up for kids with the same score?
Impossible is Nothing.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Distance is used for the 125th place, with the nearer boy getting in. Up to then, its done purely on score.

Thanks for all your kind words.

And the rate by son is growing I don't think I'll be buying any school uniform to September 1st!
Brenda Jean

Post by Brenda Jean »

Hi all, I have just called KCC to see if they have my WL form and when they might be able to give out any information - they have said the earliest will be this Friday as they allow a few days for peoples forms to be late. They didn't seem certain of a cut off date to receive waiting list forms though....
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Good luck all of you, I am sat here typing with fingers crossed ( actually seems to be more accurate than my normal typing)
Sharky

Post by Sharky »

Good luck to all. We are in the same boat.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I was a paranoid parent yesterday, and rang up KCC to confirm they had my waiting list form (they had). Today I recieved details of the appeal date.
Brenda Jean

Post by Brenda Jean »

Hi PC - May I ask what number you called? Only they told me yesterday that they had so much paperwork, that no information would be released until Friday at the earliest.
I only wanted to know if they had my WL form. Also, may I ask - did you get an email from Judd re the appeal? Thanks