Five Ways Waiting List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

villamad

Five Ways Waiting List

Post by villamad »

My child passed but lost out on a place due to where we live. Does anyone know if they actually offer from the waiting list now or is it too late. If we appeal and win does that just move us up the waiting list?
hermanmunster

Re: Five Ways Waiting List

Post by hermanmunster »

if your child got a high enough score but lost out only on distance then if you appeal on grounds of oversubscription and are succesful then you would get a place as the school would have to find room for one more.
Thing is to be sure of is whether the reason for not getting a place was score or distance (sometimes a mixture of the 2 in some areas)
KenR

Post by KenR »

Can you be more specific about the scores your child scored in the various exams and where they are on the waiting list. I thought your original post said they he was on the waiting list for King Edwards Stratford not KE 5-Ways Birmingham. Where do you live Birmingham, Solihull, Worcestershire or Warwickshire?

Did you your son take both Warwickshire & Birmingham 11+ exams and did you put both KE Stratford and KE 5-Ways on you PAF form?

If you can be more specific we may be able to advise
villamad

Post by villamad »

Hi Ken, KEFW score was 223 - don't know the breakdown. We have lost out on distance the foundation office told us. 7th on waitng list others live closer, we are in Solihull. Both schools were on our selection form and my son took both exams.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Villamad

A bit unlucky to miss out on distance - as you say some will have got in on a score of 223.

Interestingly your son would have got into KE Aston as the score there is 217 but I presume this wasn't on your list? Where has he been allocated

The only chance is really waiting to see if they do make offers from the waiting list - this is going to depend on how many offers over PAN they made as they will use up the surplus before going to the waiting list. You would need to check with the KE Foundation Office how many offers over PAN they made and what your chances are in practice.

Don't bother with the Appeal route, very few are successful (see other posts for more detals).
villamad

Post by villamad »

OK Ken thank you and thank you for taking the time to reply.
villamad

Post by villamad »

:wink: Got a place at Stratford, not heard if there is any movement ref 5 Ways waiting list. If there is for the benefit of any future parents I will post.
um

Post by um »

Congratulations! Excellent news about Stratford. :D :D :D
sky111

Post by sky111 »

Hi Villamad,

It must have been stressful the last few weeks but now at least you have a secured
a place at Stratford, which must a relief.
Have you calculated the travel expenses and time to Stratford so that you can keep your option open for Five ways even upto September? Is it a disadvantage catchment wise to live in Solihull and I would need to budget travel expenses v ideal location to cover catchment problem?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now