Tommys qualifying mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
star1

Tommys qualifying mark

Post by star1 »

Does anyone know the qualifying mark for Tommys this year and if all places have been allocated?
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

It is very difficult to say what the Tommys pass mark will be for this year-The minimum pass mark for both papers is 105(out of 140)-however due to the 1st preference first allocation process,no doubt there will be boys who put the school 1st and got a lower mark than others who put it 2nd and got higher.
The process is changing anyway for 2008 intake-see previous posts,you will know what score your child has got before the choices form is sent in.
I do know a few boys who got in,they had marks of around 115.

Regards
Gloucestermum
Orson

First Preference First

Post by Orson »

The 'first preference first' allocation process/system has been axed. From this year onwards your four selections will be regarded as equal. The LEA will not tell the schools you have selected in which order you put them.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Hi,
Yes the 1st preference first has been axed this year for 2008 intake,which will make the process so much easier.I see that schools such as Churchdown and Chosen Hill have updated their admissions criteria to reflect this.

Glosmum
capers123

First preference / next year

Post by capers123 »

I must admit that I'm pleased this has been axed. It caused quite a few appeals from children who had put St Peters 1st, Stroud Grammars 2nd, but then passed the 11+, got allocated their 1st choice then had to appeal to get a place.

And as a Y4 parent, I'm pleased that we'll get results before we express a preference in 2 years time - and should point out that I'll not be on the appeals panel that year (or thereafter assuming said child passes the exam & we don't appeal) - I'll offer my services elsewhere.

Capers (appeal panel member)