St Olave's catchment?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sevenoaks19

St Olave's catchment?

Post by Sevenoaks19 »

This is my first post to this forum but wondered if anyone could help? My DS has been offered a place at St Olave's and we were wondering where the majority of boys lived. I grew up near Orpington and know the school from my childhood when it was mainly children from Bromley who attended. However, on the open day, I was told that there were children coming from Essex and Hastings. I am in Sevenoaks and would be curious to know how many boys were coming from Kent. Admissions told me that there are more boys than usual from Sevenoaks this year (about 11 or 12) and more children from this area sat the exam. I am trying to work out if he will have friends locally or not.
harshna

Re: St Olave's catchment?

Post by harshna »

hi,
sorry i am not help to you, but i would like to know your experience and suggestion for preperation for st Olaves , I am looking at this school for my son.
Thanks
Harshna
Sevenoaks19

Post by Sevenoaks19 »

Hi Harshna
Not sure I can help you with preparation advice. We are in Kent and prepared a little for the 11 plus but we did not really prepare for the St Olave's exam - it was a really pleasant surprise when we heard that he had passed! His school did push the maths a lot in general and from what I have heard that carries more weight in the exam. Good luck!
Rainbowmum

Post by Rainbowmum »

Hi there,

I think when it comes to choosing schools, there is always a cost for our choices. If one wants local friends, than one would have to consider a local school.

Most people l know that go to st olaves live in the area or within resonable distance. Parents consider distance, travel and social life. I am sure that there are some expections but this is my experience.

Its entirely up to you. An option might be to drive DS to go and see friends.

Hope this helps.
Gripper Stebson

Post by Gripper Stebson »

DS to St O's in September, and we're in Beckenham, as is at least one other that we know...
vasu

Post by vasu »

Does St Olave have catchment criteria?
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now