Skinners Waiting List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
laurash

Skinners Waiting List

Post by laurash »

Hi- Does anyone know how many boys are on the Skinners' waiting list this year and what the movement was on the first waiting list allocations?
I know the pass mark was 407 and our DS had two marks less than that but wasn't allocated a place in this cut .
Sharky

Re: Skinners Waiting List

Post by Sharky »

Hello

I have spoken to Skinners today and was told that only 2 boys were given places yesterday off the 1st waiting list. There are still boys with 407 waiting for a place. My son scored two less also.

Hope thats helps.
robinia

Post by robinia »

I know two boys who had accepted places at Skinners but who have now been offered a place at a closer school and so will be freeing up their spots at Skinners.

And if it's any help to you, my boy with a score of 392 is, after the April shuffle at place no.56 on the list :)
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

I can't comment on this year's intake but from the September 2010 intake the score had dropped from 410 with a few 409s on initiall allocation to a child on 404 being 5th on the waiting list prior to the start of term. I think there is hope if your DS is only 2 points below the cut off.
Sharky

Post by Sharky »

Fingers crossed. Lets hope there is as much movement this year.
good luck Robinia with your school choice.
Kentsussex did your dc end up there?
laurash

Post by laurash »

Thanks very much for all the info everybody and congratulations to pheasantchick. It's truly awful for us all to be in this situation...................I really feel for everyone as I know how much anxiety this causes. I am in Australia at the mo and still checking this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sharky

Post by Sharky »

Laurash hope your able to relax and not worry about all this to much if you are on holiday (or business) out there. I know how you feel. Did you get a school you are happy with as a back up. Its going to be a long couple of months.....
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

Sharky wrote:Kentsussex did your dc end up there?
Yes - he got in on first allocation. Sorry, my post may have seemed to imply I was talking about my DS but it was another child I know.

Best of luck to you and I hope your DS gets a place - it's a great school and DS is really enjoying himself there.
laurash

Post by laurash »

Hi Sharky
Thanks for your reply. Yes we got TWBG and I liked it when we visited.
Sharky

Post by Sharky »

Thanks Kentsussex for your wishes.

Laurash we got exactly the same as you and we were also impressed. Lots of boys I know are going there this year.