Good Southend Primary Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ipswich mom

Good Southend Primary Schools

Post by ipswich mom »

Hi Everyone.
I would like to know good primary schools in leigh on sea and chalkwell area please.
I called up the council to enquire about West Leigh, Leigh North and Chalkwell primary schools for my DS to start this September. But none of them had any places available and that even if you live the catchment area of these schools there is no guarantee that my DS will get a place. So we are broadening our search for a good primary school. Any suggestions, Help really appreciated.

Thanks
Clarabelle

Re: Good Southend Primary Schools

Post by Clarabelle »

Hi ipswich mom

I can't offer any suggestions as not in that area but since you haven't had any other replies yet I thought I would point you in the direction of another useful forum - netmums.co.uk

If you join the South Essex region which covers SOS, & post on the local noticeboard rather than the nationwide coffeehouse, it is very active with other mums in that area & hopefully someone there can help you further. Another local forum is essexmums.org so maybe worth posting on both?

Good luck
Clarabelle
Clarabelle
Manana

Re: Good Southend Primary Schools

Post by Manana »

Which year group will your child be in when September comes? Unfortunately, Leigh and Chalkwell schools are very over-subscribed and people in the nearby areas will be on waiting lists to get in to them, too. West Leigh, Chalkwell (which has reduced its intake this year) and North Street are all very popular, but there are other schools in Leigh. Darlinghurst, The Fairway and Blenheim are in Leigh and the Eastwood schools (Eastwood Primary, Heycroft, Edwards Hall) are also classed as 'Leigh'-have a look at their Ofsted reports/League table stats.

Where do you live, as some of these schools are obviously easier to get into than others?