Teenagers Getting Up

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tiredmum

Teenagers Getting Up

Post by tiredmum »

How hard do you have to try to get your teenager up on a holiday morning? Don't get me wrong I am happy for her to have a bit extra in bed in the holidays but I think 9.30 to 10.00 is sufficient. This morning I have knocked three times and entered the room once, to find her still sleepy in bed, complaining she couldnt sleep last night so is still tired! I dont want to nag all the time but i get fedup with it :x
yoyo123

Re: Teenagers Getting Up

Post by yoyo123 »

I do sympathise.

My darling boy (18) is still mouldering in his festering pit. I have given up!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I know the problem but actually they beat us up this morning ...... :oops:

Not at work until 6pm, bathroom fitter back at 12 so actually no alarm and I was up at 9.30 to discover DS and DD having brekkers.....
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

hermanmunster wrote:: I was up at 9.30 to discover DS and DD having brekkers.....
Ohhh tell me the secret! :)
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

DD1 is revising for GCSEs and has decided to keep to the term time table. She has asked me to wake her up as she would on a school day and this way has done revision for the day by 3.30 pm.Last night DD3 was not well so I was up all night with her. As a result slept throught he alarm and didn't wake up DD1. Roles were reversed and I got a severe telling off!!!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

but why is it important that she get up early? If you arent going anywhere and she just gonna be at home without any GCSE revision, I would leave her alone. :oops:
Impossible is Nothing.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

sherry_d wrote:but why is it important that she get up early? If you arent going anywhere and she just gonna be at home without any GCSE revision, I would leave her alone. :oops:
If i left her alone she would still be in bed at 1pm - and she does have GCSE and AS revision - The knock off is if she stays in bed until the afternoon then she cant sleep at night and we start the cycle again. Surly expecting her to be up by 10am is not asking much? This could hardly be said to be early! When she is meeting frineds and needs to wash hair and catch bus she seems to manage to get up! :x
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

tiredmum wrote:The knock off is if she stays in bed until the afternoon then she cant sleep at night and we start the cycle again.
I dont see the problem with that, just make sure 3 or 4 days before school starts again you stop that behaviour :lol:

It used to bug me BIG time when my mum used to get us all up at 6am for no reason at all during school holidays. I still havent forgiven her for that so you can see where I am coming from :wink:
Impossible is Nothing.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

sherry_d wrote:It used to bug me BIG time when my mum used to get us all up at 6am for no reason at all during school holidays. I still havent forgiven her for that so you can see where I am coming from :wink:
Now my virtual friend sherry! 6am is very different to 10am! :?
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Never mind the kids, I can't get my DH out of bed before 10-10.30 am at the weekends, drives me INSANE!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now