Altrincham girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bullnata

Altrincham girls

Post by bullnata »

How far down the waiting list will the girls get a place in Aggs. Could someone please tell us what number in the waiting list got a place last year.
overanxious

Re: Altrincham girls

Post by overanxious »

My daughter was 8th and got in. I heard, but don't know if it's true, that at the first lot of acceptances/rejections there were 18 girls who didn't take up a place - bound for Withington, MHSG etc.

HTH
bullnata

Post by bullnata »

Thank u, we are in the early thirtes, hoping for the best
bullnata

Post by bullnata »

Thank you eveyone, my princess has been offered a place.
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

Congratulations, that's excellent news!

Now get your PE kit ordered early - I only got mine with a few days to go (it needs embroidering by the shop!) and I was so stressed!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Wow Bullnata thats great news... wouldn't have thought they would have gone to the thirties, thats very interesting ... delighted for you. My son at AGSB and loving it... Are you local or out of area like us? :D :D
bullnata

Post by bullnata »

We live in fallowfield. I wonder how I am going to send her to school everyday. Looking for other student from our area. To seek advice
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hope the info on here helps. There are lots of girls getting on at didsbury, you'd be surprised. I know it seems an early start but you soon get used to it and the bus is extremely reliable, we have never been let down yet. Its a family firm who run it and they are very nice people, as are all the drivers.

If you have any other questions, just ask away. Overanxious and Trafford Mum have girls at the school so are the experts..
aharris

Post by aharris »

Bullnata,

Congratulation on your daughter admission! Very good news to share.

I live in fallowfield as well and very interested to know what her score was,because I know admission is based on catchment distance.
I am planning for my daughter who is in year 4. I would be pleased if you can provide any information how and where she prepared for the test.

Many thanks

AHarris.
bullnata

Post by bullnata »

The result is pass or fail. I presume the cut off mark varies from year to year. This year it was 234. Fallowfield is at the edge of the catchment area. My daughter got in only at the second round of allocations. My wife thaught my daughter every day for 6 months books recommended on 11Plus site and AGGS preparatory material as sold by the school and she went for tution( i will find out the name of the teacher).