Bucks new transport Policy

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

crunchie

Bucks new transport Policy

Post by crunchie »

Unfortunately I missed the deadline for the new Bucks transport policy so was unable to put my views across. I do not know what other people think but I think the new policy is extremely unfair on parents who already have been given their places at grammar schools for entry 2011. Some areas have two catchment schools, like ours and I feel that if parents knew that transport would only be paid to their nearest catchment school, then their school choices may well have been different. I agree that transport for out of catchment needs to be paid for by parents but not in catchment for 2011 parents.
Last edited by crunchie on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest666

Re: Bucks new transport Policy

Post by guest666 »

While 1 Upper School per catchment may be feasible, 1 GS per catchment isn't becuase of the disparity in the distribution of, and the need to to differentiate between, the single sexed and mixed GS.

The existing transport policy already defined some areas in which parents were offered no free transport to any GS other than than their catchment (mixed) GS
crunchie

Post by crunchie »

We are in catchment for two girls grammar schools. Unfortunately we are not in a catchment for a mixed grammar school.
mrsmum

Post by mrsmum »

Crunchie I totally agree. We are also facing a charge of over £600 a year for our son who will join his sibling at the catchment school county allocated him two years ago (despite our first preference at the time being our NEAREST catchment school which is almost always oversubscribed - though not this year!). I have sent you a pm.