The Royal Wedding

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pheasantchick

The Royal Wedding

Post by pheasantchick »

As suggested by Push Pull Mum, a new thread about THe Royal Wedding.

I just suggested to younger ds to turn the tv over to see some of the coverage, but somehow he is still watching Pokemon.
bustwinks

Re: The Royal Wedding

Post by bustwinks »

I just suggested to younger ds to turn the tv over to see some of the coverage, but somehow he is still watching Pokemon
Same here !!!
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

pheasantchick wrote:As suggested by Push Pull Mum, a new thread about THe Royal Wedding.

I just suggested to younger ds to turn the tv over to see some of the coverage, but somehow he is still watching Pokemon.
Yeay! Thank you, pheasantchick!
My daughter is completely obsessed. I'm a bit of a Republican but her enthusiasm is contagious. Doubt if DS could even name the happy couple - don't think he'll get much Pokemon this morning though.

I made the mistake of mentioning to my daughter that, when Charles and Diana were married, I was taken to the newspaper office to see the first ever full colour picture printed in a daily newspaper.
She now thinks I am slightly older than a dinosaur. :(
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I'm watching avidly.
My children have had to go to school today but are stopping after 3 lessons to return to House to watch the ceremony, then the whole school is having a picnic. They are a bit miffed that they then have afternoon lessons. They've all gone in combinations of red, white and blue.
I do wonder if the Queen should have made Catherine a princess today.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Ed's mum wrote: I do wonder if the Queen should have made Catherine a princess today.
I am a bit miffed too at the title they gave her. It sounds very ancient.
Impossible is Nothing.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Well, I'm currently the only one watching ...DD has just watched Prince William arrive and announced he could have brushed his hair ! :shock: I'm looking at Earl Spencer's daughters pouting to the camera at the mo.

Wonder if Kate is watching the coverage whilst getting ready ! It must be quite overwhelming ! Well, I'm enjoying myself...quite proud of my bunting now ! DH has announced he's going to start doing DIY in a mo and has got his drill out :evil: He knows quite a few of the military personnel and has just spent 5 minutes pointing out certain people announcing they're a t*at...so are they.....just leave us girls to it !!!!!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Cambridge is good old title - Queen Mary's (the Tecks) family used it
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Good to see they are saving money by putting the minor royals in a mini bus ! Love the Commentator's comment that they could be a football team!!!
vasu

Post by vasu »

My younger Ds and hubby are so engrossed in the wedding. It is almost comical. My older ds could not care less. I loved the lace on Kate's dress.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

My older DD and friends got up at 0500 to go up to Hyde Park to watch the wedding there! I've been following it onn the TV off and on. So, what do we think of the Dress?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now