Wirral grammar undersubscribed!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Goldie

Wirral grammar undersubscribed!!!

Post by Goldie »

I have two girls at Wirral Grammar and received this information in the latest newsletter vie email.
"I have received number of telephone calls regarding entry into year 7 next year. If a girl did not sit the 11+ I will test them on Friday 3rd September 2011. If a girl did not match the standard this year I will re test them during the spring term 2012.
Parents should contact me to discuss"

The number you require is 0151 644 8282 Mrs.Cogan is head.

Best of luck!
2ndtime

Re: Wirral grammar undersubscribed!!!

Post by 2ndtime »

Yes, I'd heard this too. What I don't understand is they're testing kids who have never taken the 11 plus before - those who have already had a stab at it will be tested next spring - so how many they realistically expect to gain I'm not sure. Also, they're offering to buy the uniform for successful applicants which I also find unusual.
guest43

Re: Wirral grammar undersubscribed!!!

Post by guest43 »

I agree that it is not obvious who they will pick up extra...Still they would probably be grateful for just an extra half dozen to balance their books (which after all is what this is all about). Presumably a few newcomers and a few who avoided taking the 11+ and now baulking at the reality of Wirral comprehensive (secondary modern?) education.

Another example of too many school places in Wirral chasing too few pupils..which is why Calday are bussing them in from Wales.

At the end of the day these empty desks are paid for by us..the taxpayer