question for etienne re appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

guest100

question for etienne re appeal

Post by guest100 »

Dear Etienne,

I wonder whether you would be able to shed ony light on something. I am appealing for my daughter to a vouluntary-aided grammar school in Berkshire due to non-qualification. I have discovered, though it is not really relevant to my case, that the school gave out an extra 20 offer letters than they have places. Is it normal practise for schools to do this and why? Coincidently, exactly the right amount of places where accepted. Can I use this in any way to help my appeal as my daughter has been recommended by her Head and has mitagating circumstances and presumably they have an extra 20 places !!? thanks for your help.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I hope Etienne will comment later -

However, as your appeal is against non-qualification you have to show that academically your child should have been offered a place - not that there is a place for her.

Focus on academic grounds - places are left unfilled if there are not suitable candidates.
guest100

Post by guest100 »

my last comment was meant as 'tongue in cheek'! thank you for your reply anyway.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I wondered! Of course you could use it in the 'over-subscription' part of the appeal -
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now