Anyone doing anything nice for half term?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scary mum

Anyone doing anything nice for half term?

Post by scary mum »

We are off to a cottage in North Devon somewhere (I'm sure I will find the paperwork soon!). Anyone any suggestions for rainy day activities? Or indeed sunny day activities? Of course I plan to lie on the beach all week but it might be a bit chilly! 8)
scary mum
Blitz

Re: Anyone doing anything nice for half term?

Post by Blitz »

Do try to visit Torrington 1646 museum. Fabulous experience not like a normal museum. They explain the English Civil war in such an interactive way. All staff in full costume, children take part in a pike battle, muskets are fired, mums are dressed up! etc etc.

We've holidayed in North Devon a few times and did the usual things like The Big Sheep, Eden project and even Diggerland. One of our best days was hiring bikes and cycling along the Tarka trail from Torrington to Bideford (fish and chip lunch!) then onto Instow for an afternoon on the beach.

I'm afraid I'll be writing school reports this holiday and ferrying DD to ballet rehearsals and her show each evening. I'd much rather be in Devon! Hope the sunshine stays.
familyinthevalley

Post by familyinthevalley »

We're home this half term too - two one day training courses for my teacher OH, me - finishing off Leavers Yearbooks. Will hopefully get in a day trip or two with the kids.
zorro

Post by zorro »

We went away for Feb half term and Easter so staying at home this one!
DS has exams when they go back so a quiet week for us. The weather's a bit unpredictable at the moment so wish all those holidaying in England good luck!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think the weather is looking a bit dodgy, but still nice to get away. Thanks for the suggestions Blitz, we did the big sheep many years go so it might be time to do it again! DD has exams after half term to so some of it will be dead time while she works. I do fancy the Tarka Trail. Hopefully a flat bit of it :lol:
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now