Registration for the Kent test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
anowicka

Post by anowicka »

Registration for the Kent test opens tomorrow the 1st June. Does anyone know when it is close date for this registration ?
Just asking as I received a letter from my daughter school that there will be a meeting on 7 June regarding the application process and not sure if I should apply for the test online before the meeting. Is there any other way of the registration than online?

Thanks
Anna
hermanmunster

Re: Registration for the Kent test

Post by hermanmunster »

I expect there are other ways of applying - no doubt they will tell you at the meeting. Some people will not decided until then about taking the test so you can apply afterwards. Can't see a closing date for applying for the test so suspect it is quite a way ahead. In North Yorks it is about 5 days before the test.... :roll: :roll:
jingle

Post by jingle »

I think it is around July 1st (but don't quote me on that)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

sounds like best done soon after the meeting
jingle

Post by jingle »

KCC website says between 1st June and July 2nd. If you do it online, you get your results the day before the post arrives via email.
This will save you approx 20 hours of unnecessary stress! As I had 1st time around
:D
anowicka

Post by anowicka »

Thank you all for the replies.
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

Our school is not doing year 5 consultations until the middle of next week, I'm sure we will register to take the test whatever they say but I'd feel more comfortable talking to them first! But i just want to get the registering over and done with!

The roller coaster ride is really getting underway!
anowicka

Post by anowicka »

Hi

I submitted an application yesterday , but haven’t received a confirmation email yet. How long did you have to wait for this?

Thanks
Anna
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Hi Anowicka, I can't remember how long the confirmation email took, but can you go back on the KCC website, log in and there it should say if an application has been submitted.I'm sure last year for months it said application submitted and then the day before we were due to get the results it said something like application updating or something similar.It will be on the October threads from last year !

Shouldn't you have an ID number too for your child ? Or maybe that's for the school choices.I would go back on the education part of the KCC website and have a look.
anowicka

Post by anowicka »

The status of my application is ‘ submitted’ and I’ve got a reference number as well. But as per KCC website I also need to receive their email as a confirmation.
I am not sure if I need to have ID for my child ? I only registered myself and then filled in an application which required my and my child details. I hope I did it correct :(