Colchester County High School - changing uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Minesatea

Colchester County High School - changing uniform

Post by Minesatea »

We have been told that the uniform is under review but I am confused re. the time scale. With DD's welcome pack we were given a uniform list that stated it was valid until sept 2012, however a recent newsletter on the school website states that "no changes will be made before sept 2011 and parents are advised to buy minimal new uniform"

Does anyone know any more about this and is it just the uniform under review or the PE kit as well?
First-timer

Re: Colchester County High School - changing uniform

Post by First-timer »

I don't know the answer, I'm afraid, but I find your post interesting. I always thought the ColCHS uniform was pretty unremarkable so I'm pleased they're changing it. Hopefully to something distinctive.The ChCHS uniform was changed recently and I have to say I'm fond of the kilt. :)
KB

Post by KB »

Lets hope they come up with skirts that are more modest :)

Seriously - if you have any concerns then 'phone the school and ask them to explain.
Ernest Newsons are usually pretty on the ball as well.

I wouldn't be buying any uniform just yet in any case - but then mine all had/have a nasty habit of growth spurts during August...
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I absolutely agree, the girls are definitely not as smart as their male peers, it seems to get worse as they get older as well.

I am obviously keen for the uniform to change this year but I suspect it won't as Ernest Newsons knew nothing about it when I asked recently (DS had inconveniently grown out of his blazer!)

I have emailed the school using the email address they asked us to use for any queries but not had a response so unless anyone here can enlighten me I guess we will just wait for the parents meeting next month. I was not intending to buy any new uniform yet but had been offered some by a colleague but don't want to take it if its going to change.
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

Hi, have been told that if any changes will be made, they wont take place until at least September 2012. Thats come from the school. At the moment the girls are being asked to share their views on what styles they would like.
Zibar

Post by Zibar »

Can't wait for the uniform change!
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

My daughter spoke about this recently, I think they were asked their opinion on what sort of uniform they would like to wear, I dread to think of some of the answers!
I will welcome a change as their uniform is quite scruffy and I have noticed many of the girls skirts are far too short nearly showing off their underwear! Im sure they dont leave the house with it that short, some things dont change over the years.
Chelmsford Girls School is a smart uniform, though Im not too keen on the colours myself, their old uniform was nice too, quite smart.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Thanks everyone. Do any of you know if the PE kit is changing or is it just the uniform?
Barney

Post by Barney »

As far as I'm aware the P.E kit is staying the same.

I think the current uniform is practical and the girls skirts are worn no longer or shorter than the other schools in Norman Way or Lexdon Road.

I understand from a recent parents meeting that uniform was a hot topic and that many of the parents would like the uniform to be more recognisable.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Has any decision been taken about this yet?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now