SHS Waiting List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hopefulandstressed

SHS Waiting List

Post by hopefulandstressed »

I have just spoken to SHS and 2 places have recently become available. Both places have been offered to the 2 girls tha recently moved into the county and went above us on the waiting list. We were orginally first on waiting list, but due to these students we moved to second, then third place. Had either of those places become avaialble sooner we would have secure place. I feel physically sick and distraught by the whole situation. :cry: We have been SO close to gaining a place on 3 occassions. If another place comes up after Friday when the appeals start it will make no difference.
rollercoaster

Re: SHS Waiting List

Post by rollercoaster »

I can relate to that feeling of sickness, being not too far behind you on the list. I really really hope your appeal is upheld - no-one should be tortured by being 'so near and yet so far' for so long! You've made it this far - just a few more days now, hang on in there. :?
hopefulandstressed

Thank you Rollercoaster. It really does feel like torture doesn't it? Our appeal is Friday am, when is yours? I wonder if the 2 people that have just been given a place were on the original 29 of those appealing? Let's hope so then at least there'll be slightly appealing. Surely there has to be some good news somewhere?
rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster »

I'll be thinking of you on Friday then. Ours is on Tuesday. All I can do is pray. To be honest I've stopped considering the numbers and the odds - our case is what it is, and I hope the appeal is upheld. If not ... well I don't want to think about that just yet!
hopefulandstressed

Good luck for Tuesday then. Let's hope it won't be too long before we're given a decision
crazybutsmiling

Post by crazybutsmiling »

So does anyone know if these 2 were appealing??
Also if there has been movement this week, maybe another could come up in the next few days. Good luck. We have our appeal Monday. I guess it will take a week to get the results.
crazybutsmiling

Post by crazybutsmiling »

H&P actually if a place comes up by even next tuesday you will get a place, it just needs to before they make their decision. I've seen capers say that people have offered a place even on day of appeals, hopefully that will happen! Fingers and toes crossed.
hopefulandstressed

Thanks Crazybutsmiling, I'll keep everything crossed for you too.
hopefulandstressed

Capers, please could you confirm - can places still be given to the waiting list once appeals start (ie after Friday)? Or is the waiting list frozen as soon as appeals start, regardless of decisions being made or not?
ofsoundmind

Post by ofsoundmind »

I feel like I'm going round in circles!!
Does anyone know how many appeals there are now?

I'd just like to say good luck to all those appealing for SHS this week and next. :)
(And everyone appealing elsewhere).

It'll soon be over and we'll all survive, whether successful or not.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now