Complaint - Academy School

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
slough mum

Complaint - Academy School

Post by slough mum »

Hi

Does anyone know who or where to complain for an academy school. In my decision letter it states to contact LGO, I have contacted them and they said school has recently become an academy so they can't help.

I have now contacted the school and they can't help as the appeals are independent.

Also contacted the appeal and they cant help either gggrrr
Etienne

Re: Complaint - Academy School

Post by Etienne »

Try the Q&As. :)
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/ombudsman#d6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
slough mum

Post by slough mum »

Etienne, Is this also for an Academy School which is a Grammar school?

Clerk of Appeals mentioned I need to contact State of Secretary. Shall I contact them or YPLA?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Complaints written to The Secretary of State get passed to the YPLA to investigate so it is as well just to go straight to them. This is the complaints route for all academies, new or old style, Grammar or non selective. They do expect you to have exhausted the normal complaints procedure for the academy, so if you have been told by the academy and the Clerk to go to the Secretary of State, I would begin your letter of complaint by telling them that you have been instructed to address your complaint directly to them.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Incidentally I believe the YPLA are due to be axed sometime and that the DfE have said that subsequently complaints will be dealt with directly by them - but I have no idea about the timescales involved.
slough mum

Post by slough mum »

Thats interesting because the clerk of appeal also mentioned that I needed to chech the education.gov.uk website.
To be honest they should provide me with the details where I need to complain to.

I will try both education.gov.uk and YPLA!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now