eleven plus resources

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Saffyk

eleven plus resources

Post by Saffyk »

Hi all I'm a newbie to this forum and I have learnt a great deal (wish i had come across this site sooner) I am providing tutoring to my niece who is due to sit the KE exams in November 2011. I am currently using the Bonds assessment books and pass paper's. Is there any other resources that anyone can recommend that would help. She is very bright and is performing well with the Bond's Paper's however, I want to make sure she gets the right help from me so guidance will be appreciated.

Also does anybody know of any date's of any forthcoming mock 11+ exams in the next few weeks/ Summer.

thanking you all in advance.

Feel free to PM me also.

thanks
concerned Aunty
tokyonambu

Re: eleven plus resources

Post by tokyonambu »

If they're doing the KEHS exam, which includes writing that is marked in part on accuracy (and includes a proof-reading exercise some years) then make sure that you're providing correct advice to your niece on spelling and grammar. Normally pointing out spelling mistakes on forums is bad form, but if you're providing tutoring you need to make sure that you can write to the standard required by your tutee for the exam they're planning to take, and if you're not sure, sort it out before you mark their work.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: eleven plus resources

Post by DIY Mum »

Quite a number of the resources have been mentioned in previous posts.

Eg: the Hayden English books, Schonell, Schofield & Sims etc
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now