Year 7 Tutor groups HSFG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Yumster

Year 7 Tutor groups HSFG

Post by Yumster »

Does anyone know how HSFG sort out the tutor groups for the new year 7's. I just ask because my DD will starting in September along with 4 other girls from her primary school. Do the school keep girls together from the same school or do they actively split them up to encourage new friendships. Any advice appreciated. Thanks
Newshoes

Re: Year 7 Tutor groups HSFG

Post by Newshoes »

Hi Yumster,
When a teacher from HSFG visits DDs primary school the girls are asked a number of questions including who they would like to be with. It's not unheard of for HSFG to put all 4 girls together though they may split them into 2 tutor groups. If you or your DD have a preference contact the office or Head of Year, I'm sure they will be more than accommodating.
DDs usually find out which Tutor group they will be in on the Taster day.
DDS are also in a Tech group for art, design, food tech, ICT & PE which is a different mix of girls across several tutor groups, so again if you or your DD have a request contact them!
Good Luck :wink:
yoohoo1234

Post by yoohoo1234 »

just a quick input on the above... my DD has had her visit from HSFG staff and wasnt asked about preferences so i wouldnt rely on that route...All the best to all the new starters!
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

I can give you my info on this one...
Your DD is very likely to be in the same tutor group as the girls from her school unless you specifically request otherwise. They may split a large group into different forms but they will be with some of their class mates. At the end of Y8 the forms are re jigged because friendships change, the school wants to split certain groups etc but the girls are given the chance to list 4 (I think) friends they wish to stay with and also the girls/parents can suggest any not so compatible people they do not want to be with (privately of course!!). This new form with a new form teacher starts Y9 and stays like this til Y11. If you have any special reason to want/not want your DD to be with the girls from her school contact the head of Y7 for a chat or write. Better to sort it out early. Good luck with your transition. I'm sure it will go well.
Yumster

Post by Yumster »

Thanks very much for the advice, good to hear from those who know how it works, bit daunting when you're a newbie to all this!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now