Test Papers closest to Tiffin exam?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ViolaMum

Test Papers closest to Tiffin exam?

Post by ViolaMum »

This has probably been asked many times before, but I couldn't find an answer. :?

Can anyone tell me which VR and NVR tests Papers are the closest (structure/difficulty) to the Tiffin exam?

Thanks. :D
la boume

Re: Test Papers closest to Tiffin exam?

Post by la boume »

walsh papers for VR?
geling

Post by geling »

Hi ViolaMum

"The test are prepared and the results standandised, exclusively for the Tiffin Schools, by GL Assessenment (formerly NFER) and differ from any tests which are publicly available to parents." Please check Admission Policy for entry September 2012 from Tiffin's web site.

GL papers can be bought at WHsmith and any large book shops.

Walsh books or Bond Books are also wonderful books to prepare for Tiffin tests. :D :D
la boume

Post by la boume »

Of course, Admissions Policy has been checked and re-checked. But "However, the questions in them(commercially available practice papers) are not as difficult as those used in the TGS school selection tests." So there is no indication of the level of difficulty of the real Tiffin test.
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Definitely Walsh papers for VR and try to source as many different types for the NVR paper. NFER are a good starting point but this website has some NVR to download and Athey and AFN have some challenging papers. The Tiffin test has four sections with 20 questions in each section - not timed - they work their way through the whole paper but need to be fast and accurate. NVR is renowned for being tough but just ensure your child is familiar with all question types and able to apply their knowledge to however easy/tricky the quastions are. My DD sat test in 2009 and said the odd one out section was the hardest thing she had ever seen and was very disappointed there were no codes or matrices.
elevenplusprep

Post by elevenplusprep »

Hi , Can anyone point me in finding the sample questions provided by Tiffin?

Thanks
geling

Post by geling »

Hi elevenplusprep,

As far as I know the sample test paper provided by Tiffin does not exist at all. Sorry. :oops:
patricia

Post by patricia »

The Tiffin Verbal Reasoning Test uses 21 types, see following link for an example of each question.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advice ... t-a-glance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The test will contain 12/13 of the 21 types.

Relevant publishers are AFN, IPS, The Tutors, Madeliene Guyon [LearningLab] Susan Daughtrey [Bright Sparks] and Walsh.

See my second post in the following link, although Bucks related [Bucks use 2 VR tests] the information is relevant to Tiffins.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =12&t=4782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia
catonhottinroof

Post by catonhottinroof »

Aside from Walsh papers, we were advised to get 11+ VR papers pack 1 and 2 by Susan J. Daughtrey M.Ed. You can order online if you do a search on google. Did the job.
elevenplusprep

Post by elevenplusprep »

Thanks everybody for the input.

Patricia, Any info about the those 13 types which appear in test or we need to prepare for all the types ?

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now