Primary school appeals in Lincolnshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
secondtime

Primary school appeals in Lincolnshire

Post by secondtime »

Hi

Have finally sold house and we are moving to Lincolnshire. The local village school says it can't take my daughter as the year group is full. My current headteacher says that this is irrelevant as 'capacity' in the key.

She would be going into Year 5 so not affected by Infant Class Sizes. There is no real alternative and lots of reasons to go to this school (integration into village, school bus provided, only primary in DTA, similar size to current school).

The new head said I could appeal when she is turned down - any ideas best way to approach this.

As I am typing it has occurred to me I need to change my name from 'secondtime' to 'thirdtime' soon. Grrr :roll:
Alex

Re: Primary school appeals in Lincolnshire

Post by Alex »

secondtime wrote: There is no real alternative and lots of reasons to go to this school (integration into village, school bus provided, only primary in DTA, similar size to current school).
Therein lies the basis for your appeal.

When you receive the school's case for prejudice you will have a better idea about what you are up against. You should be able to see whether the school as a whole is up to its capacity, whether this or any other classes have extra children in them, what restrictions on numbers are placed by room sizes etc.

The LA don't often consider that there is "no real alternative" (especially as they will offer transport to the nearest available school with places as long as it is over two miles away) but if they do they would approach the school to ask it to go over numbers.