Photographing children in primary school

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Alice in Underland

Photographing children in primary school

Post by Alice in Underland »

I was a little astonished to receive a letter from my year 6 sons primary school head informing parents that several weeks ago, a local photography club had been into the school and taken pictures of the children. He was subsequently asking parents permission to allow these pictures to be used in a local exhibition.

I am sure this is a totally innocent local photography club (even though I live in the village and did not know they existed). But surely parents should have been informed that this was going to happen BEFORE the event took place ?

Anyone any similar experiences to share ?
Just1-2go

Re: Photographing children in primary school

Post by Just1-2go »

Presumably your childs school have already sought permission for the children to be generally photographed at the beginning of the year, perhaps they thought that this was covered under that. But admittedly it is a bit cheeky!
pheasantchick

Re: Photographing children in primary school

Post by pheasantchick »

I'd feel a little annoyed if people were taking pictures of my children and I didn't know about it for non-school purposes. For example, I'm fine with the local newspaper etc taking photos at the recent cricket festival, or the school photo etc, but a local photography club - whats the purpose of that?

I imagine the school thought the photographic permision slip covered this.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now