KES Stratford Open Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
um

KES Stratford Open Day

Post by um »

Travelling to KES open day in Stratford on Wednesday...
I have asked the school where to park but was told 'anywhere but the school'. Does anyone have any kind suggestions on where to park as I'll be in a bit of a rush!
Thank you!
no_ball

Re: KES Stratford Open Day

Post by no_ball »

Best place is on a meter in the surrounding area. There are quite a few places nearby but most are metered. It is tourist season too but usually bus loads of Germans, usa's and Japan's peoples'.

We had to park on a meter on the side of a church about 10mins walking distance away.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

A simple answer is to park in the pay and display car park by the leisure centre. It's a bit of a walk but you can avoid the panic of worrying about over-running the time on the parking meter!
tokyonambu

Post by tokyonambu »

Warks mum wrote:A simple answer is to park in the pay and display car park by the leisure centre. It's a bit of a walk but you can avoid the panic of worrying about over-running the time on the parking meter!
There's also the bridgefoot multi-story opposite it, and slightly nearer. That's pay on return, so it's impossible to over-run. It's cheap after 6pm for the theatre, but more expensive in the day.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Here is a novel idea, public transport!!
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

I hate public transport with a vicious hatred but even I have to admit that the park-and-ride in stratford is OK. You can even sit down without sticking to the seat which is quite something on a bus!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I'd go for the Bridgefoot multi storey. It's only about a 10 min walk from there. Miss 1880 did her Warks exam at KES and that's where I parked to avoid the potential mayhem on the narrow road outside the school (wasn't at all bad on exam day in fact, but there will probably be more people turning up for an open day!). It's fairly cheap as well IIRC.

Mike
um

Post by um »

We've always travelled to Stratford Upon Avon via train, which I would really love to do (I hate one-way-streets and finding parking places!) but the last train back to Brum is at 8.26pm - just too much of a rush given that open day starts at 7pm (which is quite late).
So I am forced to drive in...

I'll go for the Bridgefoot car park - and make sure I have change! Thank you everyone...
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

I may be wrong but is one not able to park on single yellow lines after 6pm (or close to that) without fear of a parking ticket?
tokyonambu

Post by tokyonambu »

um wrote: I'll go for the Bridgefoot car park - and make sure I have change! Thank you everyone...
It's something like three quid after six pm. In theory it takes notes as well as coins, but back in the real world, it doesn't with any reliability. Unlike more modern carparks, it doesn't take cards.

The cat has died, sadly.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now