??transport from stroud/stonehouse to ribston

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

laughingcow

??transport from stroud/stonehouse to ribston

Post by laughingcow »

What are the best routes to use for bus travel to ribston from stroud/stonehouse?
capers123

Re: ??transport from stroud/stonehouse to ribston

Post by capers123 »

As I was driving through Merrywalks (aka the bus station) in Stroud this morning I noticed some girls in Ribston uniform waiting for a service bus, but suspect the were going into school late. There should be some kind of a bus, given that Winstones & St Peters are also en route. And, of course, it is one of the main bus routes from Stroud to Gloucester.

Why not ask the school? They might know.

As for Stonehouse, I don't go over that way, so don't know!
Capers
ofsoundmind

Post by ofsoundmind »

Hi laughingcow,

The no. 91 bus from Dursley to Glos picks up at Whitminster at 07.51 and gets to St Barnabas Church for 8.10. It then returns at 15.54 and drops back at Whitminster Hotel at 4.10.
If you are from Stonehouse, it might be worth trying to persuade Stagecoach to make a pick-up actually in Stonehouse. There seem to be quite a few girls going to Ribston from Stonehouse now, not just Y7's.
I know a few girls going to Pates have managed to get a Stonehouse pick-up from September, although run by a different bus company. They used to run through Whitminster, by-passing Stonehouse.
ofsoundmind

Post by ofsoundmind »

Also, as capers mentions above, there is the route into Stroud, then over to Glos.
You'd need to be in Stroud to catch the 7.40 (no. 93) which arrives at St Barnabas Church at 8.10. The next bus at 8.10 won't get there until 8.36 and then you still have to get to school. I think the school day begins at 8.35 at Ribston?? On the return journey there's a bus at 15.08, though I suspect this will be too early. The next one is at 16.18 getting into Stroud at 16.45.
There is a bus from Stonehouse to Stroud, picking up in Stonehouse around 7.05/7.10.
All the buses I have mentioned are run by Stagecoach.
You'd need to check all your times from getting to bus and in/out of school.
That's presuming there won't be any changes before September!

These might give you more details

http://community.stroud.gov.uk/_documen ... etable.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://ww5.gloucestershire.gov.uk/Busti ... 093MF.HTML" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.stagecoachbus.com/GetUpload.ashx?Id=2006" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sabanna

Post by Sabanna »

I believe that there is a bus that goes through Stonehouse to St Peters, but not sure how close to Ribston that goes or if it is a public bus.

I'll try to find out more info for you and come back if nobody else has by then on it :)
Sabanna

Post by Sabanna »

It's the 501/506 Stagecoach bus but it only goes as far as St Peters

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/PdfUploads ... 01-506.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Might be worth contacting Stagecoach to see if they would consider changing the route and going a bit further.
ofsoundmind

Post by ofsoundmind »

What a good idea Sabanna :D
I know of a few people that would really benefit from that.
Sabanna

Post by Sabanna »

If you don't ask you don't get :wink: It worked for us with the Pates bus :D
ofsoundmind

Post by ofsoundmind »

I have emailed a request for a Stonehouse pick-up and it has been passed on to the Commercial Dept. for a response.
As soon as I have one, I will let you know.
laughingcow

Post by laughingcow »

Thanks for lots of info, might be worth also hassling Stagecoach for stonehouse pick up.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now